ANYONE STRUGGLING WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ANYONE STRUGGLING WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?

Postby lizbet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 am

Hi everyone, im 58yrs old and have had unexplained blood pressure problems since I was 22yrs.For quite a few years my pressure has been under control with meds but about 18mths ago it just went through the roof and no matter what I take doesnt bring it down enough.
The problem is im supersensitive to side effects. All the tabs I try give me the most awful side effects mainly joint pain and muscle pain.
Ive been diagosend with fibro for 6 years but think Ive had it for at least 12yrs and struggle on a daily basis to keep body and soul together but the side effect Im getting are making life unbearable. My doctor has been very understanding and says Im just supersensitive to everything cos of the fibro. Just wondered has anyone else got a similar problem and what do you take? Im on my approx 12th med!!
Thanksand take care.xxx
lizbet
UKFM Member

Re: ANYONE STRUGGLING WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

:shock: No, mine is always low, every time i have mine taken i always get asked if i am feeling faint as its low :dunno: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm

how do you know the jiont and mustle pian are the meds and noyu yhe fibfo?@???????????????
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby e777 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Hiya,

I'm fairly sensitive to most meds, and am currently cold turkey for the fibro pain since the side effects of the meds I've tried have been intolerable.

I'm taking micardis for the bp without a problem. I have taken other bp meds which were not as good
e777
UKFM Member

Postby lizbet » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies. I know Im having side effects from bp meds cos I become noticably worse and or diffrent when Iv been taking the diffrent meds but I know what you mean Tony it can be confusing.
Ive been docs today and he sed to stop taking all bp meds for a month to confirm as to wether Im having a flare or it is side effects.
Im keeping my fingers crossed I can get on top of this problem cos I like us all have enough problems!xx
lizbet
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm

i was asking because i take lisinaprol and felilopine for blood preasure , and the pians that now are all over has dx of fm and no one said any were that the blood preassure mend could give joint and mustle pain???
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby lizbet » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 am

Hi Tony, I had a lot of problems with lisanapril I felt awful and doc said it was side effects. My brother takes them with no effect at all though he doesnt have FM.
Im lucky that I have a very knowledgeable and sympathetic doctor who I can talk to and who actually listens!!! He has said that when I become so much worse when Im trying a new med its the side effects and he said its very common in us who have FM to suffer supersensitivity to meds , as we all probably know.But I do think that we shouldnt just be fobbed of with everything being fibro as another doc at my practice does.
I agree it can be haard to tell but with me Ive had an obvious increase in muscle and particularly joint pain when Ive started some meds. They seem to affect joints in particular and also lower back pain.
Ive told my doc that I expect to have to put up with some side effects but when it comes to even more pain I find it just too much. He has been so very patient with me but I think he,s running out of ideas now!! :-?
At the moment because Ive been so bad he has said to come off all bp meds for 1 month to let me get back on some sort of even keel. My bp will go right up again but he says its ok for just a month and then hopefully try something that I can tolerate.
If you think you have gone worse since being on your bp meds it might be worth you having a word with your doc. mybe something else
might suit you better. :-) x
lizbet
UKFM Member

Postby kerriesava » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 pm

hi my name is kerrie
i had a app with the rhumatoligist today after 6/7 years of being on sulfasalazine for psoratic arthitis, he said today he thinks it is fibromyalgia hence me being here! feeling pretty low at moment not sure why :( ,could be that they been treating me for something i havent got or not sure! :-? any way i have had high bp since i was early 30's been on differnt meds most of time its ok but some times it is high despite the meds, never suffered with side effects from meds that i know off. I am on enbrel at moment for my psorasis, which is working well,
nice to meet you all
kerrie
kerriesava
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 am

Hi Kerrie and :welcome: to the forum,it might be nice if you were to pop over to the 'where to say hello' board and introduce yourself and then we can all greet you properly :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Its quite common to feel low with fibro so its important to find things to do that take your mind off things, are you to go back to the rheumy or have they discharged you to your doctors care, either is quite normal.

Make an appointment with your doc and tell them how you are feeling as there is lots of help out there to get you through this stage :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kerriesava » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 pm

hi i will go and post in welcome part thanks,
i have to go see him in 6 months but think in the mean time i will go to the drs and dicuss with him, see what he says,
after reading some of the post's on here, think its only early days? wondering if it gradually gets worse, i work full time and to be honest feel better when i am working, once i get going, once i am home i just want to sleep! is this normal,
kerrie
kerriesava
UKFM Newbie

Postby Plain Jane » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I have high BP, it only started when I was in my late 40's but I can't take meds called ACE inhibitors like ramipril as they give me a tickly cough. I can't take Felodipine either 'cos even the lowest dose sends my BP through the floor and I get very giddy and can't stand up! I'm on a cocktail of drugs as follows - bendroflumethiazide, doxadura, moxonidine and candesartan, this combo brings my BP down to normal levels but contributes to the fatigue and fog problems for me but while fibro is miserable and painful it won't kill you, high BP will so I take the pills.
Plain Jane
UKFM Member

Postby KEB43 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi,

I had normal blood pressure until i had what the doctors thought was a very mild stroke but never confirmed. The doctors put me on Atenolol but i had a bad reaction to this which caused breathing problems, they thought i had undiagnosed Asthma but i haven't. i also have had bad reactions to a lot of meds and am on my last chance now. I am on Doxasozin 8mg, the doc put them up to 12mg but i got severe muscle and joint pains so went back to 8mg, am also taking Indapamide which is a water tablet that causes you to pass more fluid which helps lower the blood pressure. I have had high blood pressure for a year now and still can't get it back to normal, have had 2 heart scans which came back ok, have worn a 24hrs monitor and got to do it again shortly, if this doesn't work will be referred back to the hypertension unit.

lizbet have you tried Doxasozin?, they start at 4mg and go up to 32mg, might suit you better, the only side effects i get are blurred vision for about half an hour after taking them and odd itching.

KEB :-)
KEB43
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems