in a real bad place,

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

in a real bad place,

Postby thebryans » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

I have this year come off some of the tablets (pregabalin & etoricoxib ) but have now 8weeks later started to feel really crap,
I have had the antidepressants changed in jan from citalaphram to fluroxetine,
and am still on the baclofen, 10mg 3x daily and propananol 40mg 2x daily as well as paracetamol, and tramadol 50mg 1or2 4 times daily,
but the last few weeks my depression is worse, and my mood swings are so bad, Most of the time I keep losing the feeling in all my fingers, and itch like crazy as if ants are all over me,
plus to make it worse what little sex drive I did have has totaly disapeared,

Its driving me around the bend, I am only settled when i shut myself away, and my poor hubby is trying so hard to make me happy but its not helping.
plus I am shaking and sweating for no reason,
all this coupled with the blasted sleep apeona, I feel like jumping under a bus,
sorry i am waffling and bein boring,
just needed to rant
loraine xx
thebryans
UKFM Member

Re: in a real bad place,

Postby newey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Totally know how u feel I was on fluroxten can't spell it lol and they made me feel even worse and sick so desided yes I'm feelin depressed but no pill is gonna help I gotta get up and do stuff in me life and try get past it without pills as I'm findin no pills really help anyway the only pills helpin me at min is pregabalins and painkillers so have stopped all the others I was on hope u feel better so babe xx and rant on here all u like we r all here for u x
newey
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Loraine, we're all a bit waffly at times, so don't worry in the slightest about that on here. And you're not boring either, you have things going off at the moment which will be making you feel like dog knows what is left at the bottom of wherever you're finding yourself at the moment. I've been there a few times myself and know how bad it made me feel, so I can understand how you're feeling at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

It could be that the changes in your meds aren't quite the right ones for you yet, and they may need a little more tweaking and adjusting to get you feeling more settled. Your GP is the person to go and see about things, as even if your meds are OK, with the changes you've described to your depression and moods, as well as the loss of feeling in your hand plus feeling itchy, there could be something else causing the problems that needs looking into.

As well as being terrible for us, FM also ripples out to affect those closest to us as well. I know I've been verging on being pure evil to my OH at times :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It says an awful lot about our hubbies/partners/OH tho, as they are still with us, despite what we may have dished out to them :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Have you spoken to your hubby about how you're currently feeling and thinking?? I know it's not an easy thing to do, but if he's aware of how you're feeling and what you're going thru, he may be able to come up with something that helps you feel a little better in yourself, and having one little thing that makes you feel a little brighter, can lead to another and things can change and improve from there :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi Lorraine I cant add much more to Flups post so just going to send you some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and to say we are thinking of you :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi

I would go back and see your GP, the meds might not be suited to you or it could even been side affects from the meds but as they are not agreeing with you you should mention it to your gp. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby supersha » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi loraine,
I agree go back to the GP I was on the Fluoxitine but they made me feel awful, i was telling my GP I wasnt depressed but obviously my fibro got me down, anyway im on amitriptline now and feel much better in myself even though I got them for pain they have defo improved my mood, maybe your GP needs to re think your meds, good luck hun and take care xxx
supersha
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Its really hard to find the right meds for you as we all have different problems with many of them. I had to reduce my Pregabalin recently as the higher dose gave me aweful itching all over my body and then my skin started peeling. This has been recorded as a side effect of pregabalin even after you;ve just come off it. You need to see your GP as it could be a side effect of another med or even a problem with your Liver coping with a certain med.so get checked out.

I'm struggling at the moment with a change in meds but all we can do is carry on fingers crossed and have a good moan on here. :shooting:

Good Luck and take care.

:goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems