blood tests

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

blood tests

Postby be_dazzle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi All (sorry if you have already read this as i posted the same q in another section)

Just wondering if any of you have had blood test that showed a high plasma viscosity or high CRP?

(these are counters that show there is infection or inflamation somewhere in the body)

I have had a high PV and CRP for over 10 years and doctores cant explain why! This first happened when i was at University studying for my masters (very stressful at the time), i became ill (same symptoms as FM) and had to take a year out to recover.

I am just interested to see if anyone else has this, and to see if this is another common factor/ symptom umongst Fibromites!

Be_dazzle
be_dazzle
UKFM Member

Re: blood tests

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I've removed your other post on this subject to save on confusion that comes with duplicated posts and replies.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby make a wish » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi be_dazzle
Been doing lots of research coz of my problems and am going to be checked for numerous things again shortly. My GP talking with microbiologist , rheumy, etc and gathering together blood tests required . . . again. One of things will be Lymes disease because I was bitten or stung by something (don't know what though) which was removed and left me needing surgery to remove a cyst. This can cause the high levels you were talking about. Vasculitis , I am told by a friend who has it, can also do this. Maybe it would be worth mentioning to your GP. I am sure these high levels can also be due to many other conditions as well. Wish you look and hope you get your answer soon.
make a wish
UKFM Member

Postby be_dazzle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello Make a wish

Thanks for your reply. You have given me a few things to think about now.

I hope your check up and tests go ok

lots of love
x
be_dazzle
UKFM Member

Postby make a wish » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Microbioligist has now agreed I should be tested for Lyme disease to see if this running alongside FM. GP also testing full blood count (again) and also for inflammation. More blood tests. They're never ending. Good job we keep making more blood or my arms and legs would be empty by now. Keep on smiling eh !
make a wish
UKFM Member

Postby FMEDSKittyWarrior » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:31 am

I have been ill for 8 years. I just asked to tested for Lymes Disease and one the tests shows up as positive to Lymes.

Please watch this.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/under-our-skin/

I hope it helps anyone out there who is struggling to understand!

Good luck!
FMEDSKittyWarrior
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems