SLEEP

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SLEEP

Postby rosehip » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 pm

:sleep: I JUST CANT SLLEEP , I CANT GET TO SLEEP AND WHEN I DO DROP OFF I WAKE EVERY HOUR AND ITS KILLING ME I CANT FUNCTION AT ALL . MY DOCS CHANGED MY MEDS FROM AMYT TO NORATRIPTLIN AND STILL DONT HELP . I AM GETTING VIVID DISTUBING DREAS AS WELL . HELP GUYS :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: SLEEP

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 am

The nortriptylen needs time to fully get in your system and take effect, which could be up to a month. The amis also need to work their way out, which is why you coulc be feeling now.

Please do not post using all capital letters.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TATT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 am

Rosehip, your mind can play funny tricks on you when sleep deprived it affects everything. My heart goes out to you. Why don't you ask doctor if they can give you a sleeping tablet for a week or so that's safe with the new ones your taking. Just to help you. I know what's it's like and i would see my gp again xx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby fibrostar » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Sleep, is my best friend & my worst enemy :!: :!: I long for my bed all day as I am sooooo tired all the time, yet when I get to bed and snuggle down to sleep I dread what the morning will bring, because while I am asleep my body jerks every 20-30 seconds it starts about half an hour after I fall asleep and continues all night until I wake up in the morning :!: :!: :!:
I'm lucky, I dont know its happening, my poor husband has to try and sleep through it :crazy: but as you can imagine I am exhausted when I wake up :!:
Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
fibrostar
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Fibrostar, I am no expert but I have body jerks when resting during day and as I try to fall asleep. My OH keeps me awake with his snoring and I keep him awake with my nightmares. But what helps me is to listen to a guided meditation. I use the Jon kabbat simm body scan. It takes half an hour and focuses you on each part of your body relaxing.

At night when my body is tense and i cant sleep i play his words in my mind and start the body scan and immediately feel my body relaxing. If you can try this i downloaded it on my ipod but you can used any guided imagery relaxtion. I dont know why my body jerks I used to get muscle twitches all over but now its jerks. It feels like my muscles are trying to relax and the jerk is a response as they are so tight and tired.

Anyway I wish you some quality sleep as its essential for us. Love Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:29 pm

hi, no been here for long time.......have you tried melotonin - my fibro consultant prescribed for me about 18 months ago when i wasnt sleeping at all - its herbal and helps pilots etc with jetlag and try and get your body back into sync...it did help me but then i got used to it and came off as it wasnt doing anything...lots of gps reluctant to prescribe tho.
i am finally sleeping better, but still feel totally worn out when i wake up.....xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

sleep like a baby with dosulepin at night, its teh fatigue in the day that kills me and i still wake up like i have not had any sleep sometimes.

take care.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby trafficklights » Fri May 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Sleep.....I think I've forgotten what it is. I think I'm lucky if I get two hours.
It affects me during the day as I get confused and can't concentrate. I'm always saying the wrong thing or forget what I was saying.
This was the reason I stopped driving....one of my most favourite things. I can't even find my way around this forum so I'm sure there are lots of posts which I should have replied to and haven't.
I was relieved in one sense when my confusion was put down to Fibro as my mum died of a brain tumour and her mum of a hemorage.
So I can't complain but it does upset me now and then.
I used to be an annoying morning person up at 5.30 every morning get myself ready then the children. Those days are long gone now.
It would be wonderful if just once we could all fall asleep once our heads touch the pillow, sleep through the night and wake up refreshed and raring to go.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

hi,

had terrible insomnia
did the nytol and had to eat them like smarties
confessed to my GP
he gave me some zopiclone (zimovane)

he was afraid I turn into a junky
month later and proofing to him I am taking them sensibly
he give them to me without me twisting his arm
I now only take them for a few nights in a row when and if I really need them
but have my little stach at home

it seems that our adrenalin circle is broken too
and the brain can't stop
think I convienced my GP now that just knowing I have them at home helps me
in other words, just to know they are there as and if I need them, helps

when not overly stressed my " normal" circle is
one out of three nights I am awake
can live with that
if I am still awake by 4 am I try to get up
have a cup of tea
another cup and day dream a bit
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 pm

forgot

since I am on quetiapine the sleep is better too
the sleepyness is a side effect of them and start to wear off
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby ants1964 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm

whats sleep :-D i forgotten what its like
ants1964
UKFM Member

Postby mummy2427 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 am

Hello

I am a sufferer of FM and was wondering if anyone else has the same problems as me when it comes to sleep or lack of it should i say. Up until 2 months ago I could sleep no problem now it seems i cant sleep. I can sleep during the day not a problem but when it comes to 10pm its like a light switch has been turned on I am wide awake and no matter what I do just cant sleep. I usually sleep for about 2.5 in the morning. I have tried cutting out this sleep but all that happened is I fell asleep in the afternoon.

I don't drink caffeine after 3pm so I just don't understand it,I was was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me as this whole situation is pushing me and my husband to breaking point :cry: . Because i can not sleep im on the computer and we can only get connection in our bedroom which is disturbing his sleep. :sleep:

Please do not tell me to go see my GP :nono: as depression is a sign of FM he may think i have it. I have done these tests before at my old dr's everything and has always came back sayin no signs of depression :-D

Please someone help me thank u
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Disrupted and poor sleep is a part of FM unfortunately that seems to affect the vast majority of us, something to do with us not reaching that REM/Stage 4 sleep which is the really deep and restful stage.

What you're experiencing is something that most of us have had or still have, experiences with. You could try to reestablish your sleep routine, which could help. A bit of Googling will probably throw some suggestions up, but basically it involves going to bed at the same time each night and getting up at the same time each morning. For bed time you get yourself as relaxed and comfortable as you can. Once in bed, if you're still awake 30 mins(ish) then you get up and do something that isn't too stimulating, ironing is my particular favourite :facepalm: :facepalm: Once you start to feel sleepy, then you go back to bed and start again. If you're still awake.................It can take a while to get everything back in place but it can help. When you get up after the half an hour, you need to avoid things that will stimulate you and your mind too much, I was told to avoid the TV, the PC, exciting books etc. Reading is fine, but it needs to be something calm and relaxing.

Depression isn't necessarily a sign of FM (well that's what I've been told over the 12+ years I've been part of the club) It may arise due to having FM, just as it could arise when someone suffers with any long term, chronic condition. We would normally suggest that you consider seeing your GP about something, but ultimately the choice is down to the individual. If you were to consider it tho, there may be something your GP could do/prescribe/refer you on for that could prove helpful.

Hope you can start getting some :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby isitme » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 am

having problems again this week going sleep ok as take dosulepin, but keep waking up 2am.

tried just laying here tonight instead of reaching straight for laptop but didn't work.
so its back to forums and solitaire as can't get to sleep again with listening to a podcast.
:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby mummy2427 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 am

Well since last post have been back to GP who prescribed Tamazepam and still not sleeping tjhis is gettin a joke now as my husnamd is fed up as he cant sleep with computer on and its too cold to be sat donwstairs so back to computer i go. I am so tired of beingg tired :(
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems