really sore tongue please help!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby lala1626 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 pm

hi guys please help me, i woke up this morning with a sore tongue, i know i have an ulcer n the front of my tongue but it really really hurts at the back of my tongue and on the roof of my mouth, i can hardly eat but i dont have sore throat.

please help me if you can i have googled it and cant really find anything that makes sense with the tablets i am taking.

im taking vitamin D tablets 10mg a day in the morning
ovranette which is the pill on a morning
pregabalin 75mg twice a day once in the morning once in the afternoon
tramadol inbetween taking pregabalin
macrogol twice a day for my IBS
amitryptiline 75mg on a night

both amis and tramadol give me a dry mouth but it is not dry at the minute.

has anoyone else had this, if so please can you advise me on what to do and how to get rid of it.

thankyou in advance and hope you guys are good today!!

lauren xxxxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Re: really sore tongue please help!!

Postby denys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Lauren, is your tongue discoloured or does it have a coating on it???? either way I would go to see the doc as it may be a number of things if you cant get into see the doctor go and ask a pharmasist (Boots are good generally) and ask if they have anything to help until you can see the doc :fingerscrossed: it eases up soon for you as anything in and around the mouth/ears seems to be particularly painful :( :( :( :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mozza » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 am

I get plagued with this a lot. At one point being told it was shingles in my mouth. Now i know its just another area fibro hits me. I would go to doc but in meantime you could use corsydol mouthwash, which has relieved mine on a few occasions. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 am

OK Thankyou for your advice my tongue kind of has a green white colour but doesn't seem to be so coating on it, sorry know that a bit gross, I noticed a few weeks ago that had really bad breath and bad taste in my mouth and actually found a tonsil stone in my tonsils, I got it out and it was better butnow this is happening but it's really sore.
Will go to the drs soon they will be sickof seeing me I went twice last week.

Lauren xxxxxxxxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Sounds like an infection so :fingerscrossed: they can sort you out :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am

for the past week i have been getting sore throat/roof of mouth and tickly nose like i am going to get a cold/flu but not materialising into anyhhitngn also dont notice all of time as i guess pain meds numb it until they are due again.

also had thick head, but no achy limbs more than normal again as meds numb this. then yesterday had pain in stomach but not like achy when needing loo more like somthing in pit of stomach and not nasea either. guess this could be stomach cramps people go on about.

weird to describe but not felt good but not knock out bad either. wish would just turn into cold/flu or naff off. as keeps coming back every day on and off. felt cold on tip of nose over stomach etc could this be gastro flu? been eating dry crackers yesterday, did binge on choc cofee day before but had this before then except stomach discomfort.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby lala1626 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 pm

strange thing i noticed today that my tongue doesnt hurt anymore but the right side of my throat is sore. the thing that caught my eye that when my tongue hurt it was a weird whitey green colour but today my tongue is going back to pink and the white greeny stuff is llike peeling off. is this normal or anyone had it???

:grouphug: :grouphug:
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm

ok so last night i brushed my teeth s usual before going t bed and noticed the weird colour on my tongue had gone patchy as if it was falling off and bits of pink were showing through and im not sore anymore, is this just a symptom of fibro that im just going to have to live with because im sure that if it was an infection of some sort it wouldnt just clear itself up within 3 days.??

any ideas??

thanks

hope everyone is feeling ok today im getting my hair cut this aft so it will cheer me up a bit.
i might look like a cripple but my god my hair will make up for it hehe

Lauren
xxxxxxxxxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Lauren, doesnt sound like a symptom of fibro, but may be a side effect of one or more of your meds maybe anyway if its not sore and is clearing up just watch out for it recurring and if it does get it checked out :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:48 pm

my throats still store on and off and a tickly nose but still not turning into much the meds really seem to dumb it down if it is a cold/flu trying to break out.

wish it would just get on with it or naff off. :lol: :lol:

should check the colour tongue looks a bit furry don;t know if thats normal but throat at back bit red so may be fighitn something. been hovering for nearly a week. :roll:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby supersha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Sounds like oral thrush im always getting it :( doc reckons its because im run down (meaning a normal fibro day) or because of my dry mouth, i buy a gel called daktarin and use that now when I get it,might be worth checking with the doc, good luck huni xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 pm

thanks supersha thats good advice have heard of daktarin before, does oral thrush go away on its own after few days though because my tongue is not sore at all anymore and havnt done anything different apart from taking my normal tablets.

much love Lauren xxxxxxxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby supersha » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Hmm no it doesnt go on its own but I do find its not as sore once it gets furry lol what do we sound like :-D xx oh you would still need the gel if it is that its about £4 xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

i dont think it did go furry though it was my actual tongue that went a bit green and not like a coating (i couldnt scrape it off) haha its a good job this is a semi private conversation people would think we were a bit weird. :crazy: :crazy:
i dont know what it was but its not there anymore il try that daktarin if it comes back,

Lauren xxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby supersha » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Oh iv got it! :-D Dont know why I didnt realise, my son had it when he was little, ok check out Geographic tongue.......Yes im being serious! haha ok check this link out http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002044/

Good Luck chick

xxx
supersha
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems