Nerve damage and orthotics?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lyssie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Hiya all,

How are you?

I'm alright, in a lot of pain though. I didn't really know where to put this, as it's not *really* related to the fibro but here goes...

I have had 3 spinal surgeries in total (including 2 major fusions, and one screw removal) plus a denervation of my left sacro-iliac joint. I have a lot of weakness in my left leg and ankle and foot. I've been being seen by podiatry since last year and we have come to the conclusion that I'm in need of an AFO (ankle foot orthotic).

Basically had a Drs appointment last week but had to cancel due to me being on holiday. Basically the podiatrist said she'd write to my GP to ask her to refer me to get the AFO, so that's what the GP appointment was for. I rebooked for Wednesday coming but I got back from Cyprus yesterday only to find that I already have an appointment for the 'surgical appliance & orthotic clinic' on Wednesday anyway... Talk about good service or what :) :) :) !!! Haha.

Wondering if anyone else has to have an orthotic? As I was going to have what's called a 'foot up' but we didn't think that'd be useful considering the fact that my ankle is actually slightly crumbling underneath me.

Anyway I guess I should stop blabbering now, lol.

Take care and lots of love, Lyssie x x x
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby Lyssie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:22 pm

I don't think all of my post came out?? :-/ as I am using tapatalk! Not sure why xx

Edit: oh, it did, lol never mind :crazy:
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Re: Nerve damage and orthotics?

Postby cassey1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 pm

hi i have a lovely pair of nhs boots made for me seriously they aint too bad just miss my high heels but the nurve damage in my feet mean my heel days are over. dont bother with pricey podiotrist 'bin there done it. see up gp you can get the same service on the nhs. ok take care good luck
cassey1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems