Vitamin D Deficiency

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vitamin D Deficiency

Postby supersha » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Has anyone else got a Vitamin D Deficiency? Mine has just been checked by my Rheumy as im having a really bad time of it at the moment and its come back as very deficient, iv started on tabs but the symptoms are very similar to a lot of Fibro problems, i have to take tabs for 3 mths then have a month free before being tested again but it will be interesting to see if it helps xx
supersha
UKFM Member

Re: Vitamin D Deficiency

Postby loubie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm

good luck with them :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby disco dancing kar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi supersha :wave: i have m.e. and fribro and had lots of blood tests.Last time i went to docs, a few months ago,had test for vit d, and was told my level very low, been on tablets for four months now,not seen any improvement,doc thought might get rid of a bit of pain,not helped yet, still in pain and still tired, got to have more blood tests and finally got refered to pain clinic in hospital, after having to go private and run out of money. Sorry not much help all the best kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm

there have been many threads before about vitamin d. here is a link to one i started about the dangers of taking too much of the stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8673&p=88546&hilit=vitamin+d#p88546

my levels were 'dangerously' high a year ago now my levels were very low and i'm back on the supplements. any ideas, anyone?

best wishes, Adele x
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby supersha » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hmm im not pinning my hopes on the tabs making me better id love them to like! :-D but il give them a go (although the way im feeling id give anything a go) ooh kar you,l have to let me know how your next test go,s, I started a thread about pain clinics last week, well I was hoping to get a referral off my GP but hes now told me the Consultant has retired and hasnt been replaced so there is a 8/10 month wait :( And Adele :-? I havnt got a clue hun, thats really strange isnt it? have you googled it? God im Google mad haha il have a little look on the sites iv been looking at and see can I find anything out. And il take a look at the Vit d stuff now, thanks ladies.

BIG HUGS to you both

Take care

xxxx
supersha
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems