Bulging eye

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bulging eye

Postby SACHE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

The other night I was sorting out my stray eyebrows (they grow SO long :oops: ) and I asked hubby if they were eve nand he said 'Well they would be if your eye were!' :cry: I have noticed this before, every now and then (usuallly when I am feeling pretty rough) my right eye bulges further than that left. :oops: I do have an underactive thyroid but I know it is 'normal' because I got tested not that long ago and I got told off for sneaking in for extra test because I thought my fibro symptoms were just my hyroid not being right. So :?: WHY do I get this? :( I look freakish!

Whilst we are on the subject of eyes, I get floaters a lot! Cobwebby, annoying, getting in my way floaters. The optician says I have dry eyes and that he couldn't see any floater in my eyes but they could be in the pathway behind or something, that I should tell my GP but I know better than to say anything to him :roll: There is a nice lady doctor there who referred me so I might mention it to her but is it just another fibro thing? I find it worse when it's sunny.
SACHE
UKFM Member

Re: Bulging eye

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm

I haven't heard of FM being responsible for causing a bulging eye :-? :-? I think you would be better following your optician's advice and having it checked by a GP, just to be sure there isn't something else causing the problem.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SACHE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Okay, I will mention it when I go in to see about my other results. Thank you x
SACHE
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi
I know fibro can affect the eyes but never heard anyone mention floaters being linked to fibro.
Normal complaints are worsening of eye sight, tired eyes, blurry eyes , migraines behind the eyes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:51 pm

The floaters I have are nothing to do with fibro (everyone has some and they mean nothing) and as the others have said I've never heard of Fibro giving you bulging eyes. I would suggest getting it checked out with the doc :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SACHE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Thank you :-) It's a symptom of thyroid disease but my results are 'normal'. I think it's usually both eyes though, plus it's usually a sign of overactive rather than underactive as I have. It aches and feels like my eyelid will spring open when I close it when it's bad, it comes and goes. Just another annoying thing on my list :roll: It's obviously not a fibro thing so my thyroid is not right somehow. Their idea of 'normal' is a joke anyway. I have dry eyes and get migraines but the optician sugeested my thyroid needs to be kept under control in connection to the floaters. REALLY pees me off that they say it is within normal range but I have these symptoms. Fibro and hypothyroid share a lot of symptoms so I did wonder if that would explain my results.
SACHE
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems