fibro and internal thrush

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro and internal thrush

Postby welshwolverine1969 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

hi my name is jules i am a newbie to this site but not new to fibro i was diagnosed in 2010... they said it was the grief and shock of my mam dying that brought it on.. the doctor gave me a print out from the internet and sent me home...i hadnt even heard of it before so it was a bit off a shock to find out that all the pain i had wasnt the grief playing tricks with my head that it was in fact real and was not going away...took a lot to come to terms with..i am unable to take any meds at the moment as i am really sensative so am waiting to go to pain clinic although this seems to be a slow process applied for dla and got turned down so i have give up on that ...but getting back to my heading i have for the last 2 years been suffering with internal thrush which i might add is driving me insane i have had no end of tablets etc and it still doesnt want to go anywhere has anyone else suffered from this and could it be linked to having fibro does anyone know cheers jules x
welshwolverine1969
UKFM Member

Re: fibro and internal thrush

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

hi this may sound realy personal but if you have a partner and are sexualy active
have they been treated

only saying this as i get it when i take antibiotics and one time i could not seem to get rid
my gp gave me some cream for hubby as he said he needed to use it to

now if i am taking antibiotics we abstain untill thrush treatment has worked
dont know if any help to you xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

hello. i get vaginal thrush every month before my period. to prevent it i used to take capsules of good bacteria in capsule form from a health food store. they have to be kept refrigerated so if they aren't in a fridge in the shop don't buy them. i must admit that i forgot i took them and that may explain the thrush returning. thanks for reminding me.

cutting out yeast helps as well as sugar. a low GI diet and plenty of live yogurt is the best protection. alternatively there are anti-fungal pills available on prescription. i am often prescribed a 5 day course.
best wishes, Adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

:wave: :wave: Jules and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I was going to ask you the same question about your OH being treated in case it was being passed between both of you. Might be something to look into as a possibility for you being reinfected.

I've had times when I've had repeated or extended bouts of it, and like you found that the single OTC stuff wasn't effective. I went to see my GP about it eventually, and I was given a week long course of the oral treatment to take. Touching wood and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: aside from a couple of very minor itchy flares, I've been OK and not had anything else happen. This might also be something to consider seeing your GP about if you haven't already had a longer course of treatment.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:37 pm

forgot to say, i get prescribed a 3 day course of pessaries, instead of one, when i get thrush as one doesn't get rid of it.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby pixieminx » Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi all, I think thrush is very common with Fybromyalgia. I don't get it in the usual place but on my tongue on days when my other symptoms are worse. Staying off any sugar, vinegar, wheat, alchahol, caffiene, starch (rice, potato etc) and eating plenty of plain yoghurt helps. I have tried acidophylus and kefir which also help but can't at the mo being pregnant so feeling extra rough and having to take each day at as time. I think thrush is just another symptom of Fybromyalgia but 'was' thought of as a possible cause too. Eating healthily, rest and reduced stress certainly improve things although very difficult at times. Hope this helps :-)
pixieminx
UKFM Member

Postby welshwolverine1969 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:53 pm

thank you for all your replys they have been helpful more helpful than my own doctor....my hubby has been treated although as he said he neednt of bothered as u have to do things first lmao......i do seem to be on tabs for internal thrush quite a lot i will deffo look at my diet sugar etc thanks all xx
welshwolverine1969
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm

A friend of mine kept getting thrush & was always sore, someone told her to apply some natural youghart, she was amazed by the way it worked for her. Might be worth a try. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby welshwolverine1969 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:39 pm

thank you shazq but mine is internal not externsal although i suppose i could get a bucket full from somewhere and a turkey baster lol might work lol
welshwolverine1969
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue May 01, 2012 11:28 pm

hi
:wave:
just a thought
do you have a bath with bubble bath in ??
or anything that is to scented when washing ?

it was that that was causing my thrush, it was years ago but just a thought
could also try washing with dettol soap for a little while it may help

hope you get it sorted soon cos its horrid :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby welshwolverine1969 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:57 pm

hi loubie i have been using simple soap but i will try that dettol soap see if it makes a differance ty i dont have a bath hun my hubby is disabled so we have a walk in level access shower but i will try that
welshwolverine1969
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 am

Iv just had to do a pessery last night with added cream :oops: the nurse tested me for diabetes as apparently its very comman in that but i was ok. I tend to suffer when my hormones change after each period. Its been reacurring for years.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems