Whie blood cell count very high

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Whie blood cell count very high

Postby lsl » Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 am

Hi All

Hope everyone is as well as can be, i have been to the doctors again, just for routine review of meds, blood work etc
my blood work came back with high white cell count, high lft, nothing seem to be straight forward anymore.

have to go back in 6 weeks for another test, the doctor is not sure as to why the white cell count is high :( ,(263 over what it should hav been) will have to wait and see
the lft was at 59 :( which is alot lower that it was back last year (it was 470+) :-o the only thing i can think of is the co cods are increasing the lft so i have asked to come off the co cods, as been on them for 5+ years and feel it time to move on,the docotr agreed, i asked what else i could take, she advised to cut it down first as i have been on them so long, well yesterday was the first day i went down to 3 for the day instead of the 8 i normaly take, i had the worst night i had had for a long time. (not sure if it was the reduction in tabs or just the fibro)

i have also started using a glider (walking machine) i get up to 10 mins a time now(showing off here) :-D

well i have had my moan, off to work now

have a fantastic day everyone
(they will find a cure i hope)
lsl
UKFM Member

Re: Whie blood cell count very high

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi
Remember to wean off them slowly at you have been on them a long time, you will suffer bad withdrawal affects if you come off them to quickly. :goodluck1:
Hope you get your blood cell count sorted.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue May 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Hope things settle down soon for you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lsl » Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 pm

shazq wrote:Hi
Remember to wean off them slowly at you have been on them a long time, you will suffer bad withdrawal affects if you come off them to quickly. :goodluck1:
Hope you get your blood cell count sorted.

Hi Shaz

thanks for the reply, i have cut down to 2 a day :-D , its been very hard, but one thing i have noticed is an increase in restless leg and a left arm that has a mind of it own

well a trip back to the doctors i think

thanks for the support

lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby lsl » Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 pm

denys wrote:Hope things settle down soon for you :hugs: :hugs:

thanks for the support, will let you know how everything work out

thanks again

lee
lsl