Internal twitching/spasms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Internal twitching/spasms

Postby BigEdd » Fri May 04, 2012 3:15 pm

quick question for you all, does anyone else have "internal twitching" by this, i mean does anyone get the feeling that a muscle or limb is twitching rapidly, but when you look, there is no movement, at least not externally, but you still have the sensation that you are twitching to the beat of a fast drum? I get this frequently, and although it doesn't cause any additional pain, it can be really annoying, I was dx'd with FM last year, but can track it back nearly 20 years, is this something to get used to, or is it something else to baffle the doc with?

thanks for reading
BigEdd
UKFM Newbie

Re: Internal twitching/spasms

Postby masonsbarms » Fri May 04, 2012 6:14 pm

hi yes i get this feeling as well sometimes you can see but not always xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Yep constantly my body is never still :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Adele » Fri May 04, 2012 6:57 pm

i used to have a real problem with it. it seems to have stopped now, most likely because i take a muscle relaxant. always get things checked out by your GP just to be safe xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 am

I have recently started having whole body 'jumping'. Usually when lay in bed watching TV, my whole body will do this jerking thing, lasts a few seconds only. This only happens in the evening when I'm really tired (struggle to keep my eyes open) It will do it a few times at intervals then stops!

I also have a constant eye twitching (both eyes) and my index finger on right is permanently twitching, so much so that when I'm on the laptop I have to keep my index finger out of the way.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm

You're not alone sometimes I wake up with the twiching & shakes, my hands twitch and tremor slightly most of the time and I get really tight muscles in my back and thighs that make it hard to walk. Is this normal for FM?
What do you take medication wise to help with it?
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 pm

totally agree with what other posters about the twitching and body leaping about when 'resting'. I have the twitching muscles BUT emense pain too. I try to use a hot pad or hot water bottle to ease the pain and the sensations of twitching

i hope that helps in some small way

soft hugs to all
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems