AFTERNOON BLUES

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

AFTERNOON BLUES

Postby jennishead » Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 pm

hI this is probably a silly question but I dont know the answer to it and it is bothering me. I find that my pain, fatigue and weak muscles seems to be worse in the afternoon and even more so in the evening, and recently my headaches seem to be getting worse and my eyesight is weak with the headaches. sorry to go on but does anyone else get this way.. I'm getting quite down about it....
jennishead
UKFM Newbie

Re: AFTERNOON BLUES

Postby masonsbarms » Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 pm

hi jen i to find that as the day gose on everything gets worse, sometimes by bed time 7.30 pm in my case most nights
i am nearly crying and hubby has to put me to bed.

if you can try to have a rest mid day.

also my eyes have got worse dont know if this is age or fibro or both.
have you had them tested.

hope this helps

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm

You have muscles in your eyes and FM affects the muscles :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: my eyes can change throughout the day many times and others have said they have problems too.

As for getting worse as the day wears on this could be because you are doing to much in the morning when your enegy levels appear to be higher, remember to pace, and as masonsbarms said try to have a midday rest to recharge.

If you are findig things are getting worse, always get it checked out by your doc just to rule out anything else going on :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jennishead » Mon May 07, 2012 1:01 pm

thanks for helping it is true I try to do everything in the morning cause thats when I feel the best. I will take a nap at mid day to see if that hels. not a nice ilness to have. thANKS FOR SUPPORT
jennishead
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala1626 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:03 pm

hi jen
when i wake up i feel awful, my mouth is soooo dry and im stiff and incredibly sore, i have a 30 minute drive to work at 5.15am so its taxing.

i seem to be ok in the morning after i have moved about a bit, i go back to bed at 9.30 when i have dropped the boys i look after off at school, i tend to slep from 9.30 till about 1.15 then have some lunch and a cup of tea then pick up the boys at 3.15.

i have the boys until between 8 and 10pm when their dad comes home, so i have to make tea and put them to bed etc normal mum stuff even though im not a mum. yet. :-)

i get home and relax for a bit before going to bed and i tend to go downhill very quickly when i get home and im asleep again in minutes.

lauren xxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 am

i do my stuff in the morning try and have a rest mid day or as long as i can keep going but then i cant seem to get going again after my rest - jkust struggle to get back off settee.

if i have a sleep i am refreshed but if justs a lay on settee i am waiting and wating and feel like i need a sleep but it doesnt comme so just cant get gonig again.

so i get just too tired to eat and the junk kicks in again. :nono: :nono:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Wed May 09, 2012 10:23 pm

I have my 'with it' period from when up in the morn for a couple hrs or more. Come late afternoon/evening my congnitive probs are horrendous and have probs using my limbs and typing. Having probs now as i type. I will try what i member has suggested to rest mid morn to after noon and see how that goes. If i have a late rest, late afternoon, i feel guilty as i'm not spending time with my family. Still need to learn so much and get my scales to balance.

Hope that helps in some way. Loads of soft hugs to thoughs in need
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

AFTERNOON BLUES

Postby Mozza » Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 pm

If i take it easy in the morning, like not getting up as soon as i wake up, then have brekkie and potter around for a good while, then try and shower, i have a good few hours. Then around four i'm done, wether i've done a lot or nothing at all. If i can make dinner i do then it's feet up and kitchen closed. I'm late in bed tonight which will have a major impact on me tomorrow but it's good to have a change now and again. My eyelids are going as i type so goodnight and sleep sweet my fibromite friends xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems