disc probs along ur spine

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

disc probs along ur spine

Postby ouchisme » Wed May 09, 2012 10:14 pm

evening fellow ouches

I have got lower disc probs (DDD) due to another condition that i have. But i have bulging disc in my neck now too. I was just wondering if any other fibromites also have disc damage along ur spines and that it something that is quite riff among us

Hope all is well in ur worlds and that ur pain is fairly under control

loads of soft hugs
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: disc probs along ur spine

Postby denys » Wed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm

I have bulging discs in the neck and I believe a number of members have said they have similar problems in previous posts about this :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm

thanku for ur speedy reply. its lovely to 'chat' again after my hiatus. The numbness drives me spare and also have a searing,throbbing, burning pain down my left arm which totally knocks me for six. Would put it on par with labour. I just have to ride the waves out until it eventually stops

loads of soft hugs
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Katblack » Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have DDD but it is due to another condition that I have, not FM, in fact i have been adviced that my FM may have been caused by my spinal pain being out of control for so long.
I have a bulging disc in my lower spine and it gives me merry hell, interfere's with my walking and sitting mostly, I also suspect there is more going on in my neck than meets the eye, I have to wait until June to find out more, but the pain in my neck has me 'climbing the walls' at times, painkillers do not even touch it, so you have my every sympathy! gentle hugs :hugs:
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 am

i have had back pains for 2 years now. some stiffnes has cleared up with help of hydro, swimmingk, massage.

but acute pain in lower back has never gone. i have suspected disc problems butbecause i can tough my toes being hypermobile they tend to not count this as a problem. hwoever pain is always there in same space.

i get sciatica buttock pain and down left leg too much would not entertain.

drs are so annoying took 2 years to get wrist xrays to rule anything out. i felt my quick fibro diagnosis gave the drs an excuse to not bother investiagting anyhting else.

i have accepted this now so have got on with life so to speak but they are annoying. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 am

You shouldn't really need to fight to get investigations done, but i suppose we are all in the same boat :dunno:

I have the pain in my bottom and around the front and back of pelvis down to my coccyx. I've been putting up with that since 1999, so u do have my sincere sympathy and loads of soft :hugs:

I just wondered if the fact that cos we have fibro that more disc probs might arise. Was told that my spine looks lovely just all my connective tissues/discs that are stuffed.

I hope that ur are having a fairly manageable day 2day and that the weather isn't making ur ouches worse
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 am

Yes I too have DDD in L5 with nerve inpingement, sciatica. I also think there is something going on in my neck too which needs investigating. I will mention It when I go to the pain clinic at the end of the month.

Just something else to add to the list :roll: :roll:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu May 10, 2012 5:37 pm

i started back probs 40 years ago ,,, low back first tehn higher and neck ,, i think the lifelong pain is a fatior in developing fibro in my case .....nice to see you back ouchy :lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

tony :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Thu May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh tonydin

you've just made my day :oops: I'm with you on the other bk injuries being more than likely a factor with ending up with fibro. With my long bk 'stuff' followed by a incident with my x where i went to hospital are def seen by me as contributions to the end 'surprise' of other ailments

Hope ur keeping urself out of trouble and if ur not hope ur not being caught ;-) :lol:

loads of soft hugs on there way to u from me
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby doodlefluff » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi, I'm very new here so just having a look round when i came across your post. i have disc and nerve problems as well as Fybro. Have compressed discs in my back and trapped nerve and also nerves in my neck. Did have something in the middle of my back as well that comes and goes.

I can tell between the pains which is playing up more and hate it when both are chronic. If its not one its the other lol.
doodlefluff
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchisme » Fri May 11, 2012 11:56 am

totally agree with u doodlefluff about knowing which type of pain crossed over from which ailment is playing up the most. Best way to describe it would be that they are like musically notes. So have their own distinctive tone, if that makes sense. Have tried to explain it that way for others (non ouchies) to hopefully help then understand. But nope, never mind eh

hope all is well in your world and that u are getting alot of info that we needed to help fathom out all that is happening with ur body. This site is great for doing that.

loads of soft hugs for those who need or just want 1
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems