Depression

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Depression

Postby just-me » Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 am

Is the depression perminant with FM?
Rabbit Forum for over 16's.

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/
just-me
UKFM Member

Re: Depression

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

That's not an easy one to give a definitive answer to as we're all affected so differently with that as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

To me, with the depression definitely being around since things started appearing, it certainly feels like it is permanent, even during times when things haven't been so dark and heavy :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

For others tho, it does get better with time, and depending on the cause of their depression. If it's a temporary matter/event that has occurred, such as a loss of job or relationship breakdown, altho very traumatic and upsetting in their own right, people can find that as they can work their way thru it, which suggests it may not be permanent.

I think this another of those subjects that there isn't a definitive answer too. The best we can do is find our way thru our own darkness and build on any spark of brightness so we can live as well as we can with these problems.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Depression

Postby denys » Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 pm

I agree with Fluppy no-one could ever say whether something like depression is permanent, especially when its in conjunction with a condition such as fibro, any chronic pain condition is bound to have a psychological effect to some degree.

I had depression before fibro but its well controlled until things start to flare etc. bit like most of us I suppose :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems