Neuralgia AND fibro??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neuralgia AND fibro??

Postby Cath1980 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:35 pm

I went to the docs yesterday about my fibro or what I assumed was my fibro and she mentioned me taking a medication used to treat neuralgia. I looked up the symptoms of it and I have loads of them. I don't want to jump to conclusions but it's made me wonder about it. I think the trouble is as soon as I get any pains or aches I put it down to FM. Anyone else got neuralgia?
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Re: Neuralgia AND fibro??

Postby shazq » Sat May 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi
Neuralgia is a term that describes nerve pain which is what fibro is so that is why your Gp has prescribed you the Meds.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Cath1980 wrote:I went to the docs yesterday about my fibro or what I assumed was my fibro and she mentioned me taking a medication used to treat neuralgia. I looked up the symptoms of it and I have loads of them. I don't want to jump to conclusions but it's made me wonder about it. I think the trouble is as soon as I get any pains or aches I put it down to FM. Anyone else got neuralgia?

Which med have you been prescribed?? If you can tell us, we may be able to help you with an explanation or idea.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Cath1980 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 am

shazq wrote:Hi
Neuralgia is a term that describes nerve pain which is what fibro is so that is why your Gp has prescribed you the Meds.

Feel well thick now!!! lol
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Cath1980 wrote:

Dont be silly, :blowkiss: its all this medical jargon they come out with. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Cath1980 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

shazq wrote:
Cath1980 wrote:

Dont be silly, :blowkiss: its all this medical jargon they come out with. :hugs:

My doc seemed to question my diagnosis of fibro too which is probably what confused me!!! Though that doesn't take much these days !! :oops:
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Join the club Cath, it doesn't take much to confuse me either :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Cath1980 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Sucks doesn't it!!!! x
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: pretty simple really nurelgia is nerve pain usualy localised ,,, but fibro is a increased sensation of pian all over from any part of the body cause the old reseptors are up the creek so most pains with fibro could be from somat else like nuralgia but wew feel them bad cause thats how we become so you cant say oh tjats fibro pain cause thatdont exist??? we just feel pian that others would not percive to be pain from all sorts of things 99.9% not harmfull, if you get what i mean :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 am

Here is a good explanation of why we feel pain.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5626974_part- ... pain_.html
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby melaniep » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:38 pm

hello,
i had a mri scan and a emg study recently both showed syptoms mri i have trochanteric bursists showing up in my hips and peripheal neuropathy in my limbs has anyone experienced this does in go with fibromyalgia i orginally saw a rhumatalgist and now being referred to a neurologist.
melaniep
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems