Embarrassing!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Embarrassing!

Postby Ria Landon » Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 am

Is it just me or does anyone else get a sore bum? I mean right across the middle of the bottom cheeks when sitting or lying down. Drives me insane when trying to read in bed or get comfy to do anything. I've actually lived with this for a long long time but its definately getting worse. I can only sit for a few minutes now before getting uncomfortable. I suppose the bum muscles can be affected just like everything else!!! Oh the joy :-(
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Re: Embarrassing!

Postby busy mummy » Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Yup, sore bum here. Have to shuffle about all the time to stay comfy(ish).

This is a real issue when I am at Uni sat in a two hour lecture, comical really as towards the end I am practically throwing my legs around (in the style of Kenny Everett). :chicken-dance:

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi
I get a numb bum :lol: i have to keep moving if sitting on my bum upright on a chair, at home i sit on my side, i have a recliner which makes it easier to stretch out so you dont put so much pressure on my buttom i am more on my side. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm

hi yes sore bum for me to

not nice
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm

yep another one here
i can't sit on plastic or wood chairs without a cushion :yikes:

fibro IS a pain in the ass :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Ria Landon » Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks everyone

I just love this forum. I guess because I live alone and don't really talk to anyone about my bizzarre body malfunctions I get sort of hung up about silly things that probaby should't worry me at all. Still, its good to know I'm not alone (not that Im glad you have sore bums too!) but it sure does help knowing you understand :-D

Busy mummy you did make me chuckle with your Kenny Everet legs! Not that I rememember him you understand, far to young me:-) (Ok I'm lying!)

A recliner sounds like a great idea, might have to save up for one or hopefuly my DLA claim will be srted soon and backdated. Gota stay positive.............. yey!

Thanks again

Ria x
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi ya Ria

U are def not alone. I have a recline as sitting causes extreme discomfort/pain. Ur not wrong that this forum is great the members are so helpful. Some1 once said that the question not asked is the silly question, so remember that when u need some advice from here

loads of soft hugs
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 pm

A recliner sounds like a great idea, might have to save up for one or hopefuly my DLA claim will be srted soon and backdated. Gota stay positive.............. yey!

i have a recliner chair aswell would no be able to live without it.

i got it second hand off ebay for £40 and its amazing!!

we bought it about a year ago before my fibro really kicked in and im so glad we did as i cant sit on the sofa comfortably and cant sit in a dining chair for longer that 5 mins without shifting or having to excuse myself and go for a wander.

anyway good luck

lauren xxxxxxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Embarrassing!

Postby Mozza » Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm

I sometimes feel as if i've broken my coxic and i'm always rumbling and shuffling about on what i believe is the hardest most uncomfortable sofa on the planet!!! The rest of my family don't think so lol xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 am

Same here. The pain is bad.
Keep telling my hubby to get me a recliner chair. As yet to no avail :!:
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm

I love my recliners would never go back to a normal sofas now, i have a 2 seater & 3 seater sofa set both have recliners it came in handy after my operation as mine lay quite far back, even though i have an electric bed i like to be in the lounge during the day for the company.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shari » Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 pm

I get twitchy muscles in my buttock, only one. Very weird
shari
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems