Bruises.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bruises.

Postby toplessbug » Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Does anyone else bruises easily?
My husband and I where play fighting and he bite me (well a pretend friendly bite) but it hurt like hell and now I have a bruise.
But I seem to bang myself and bruise !!!
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Re: Bruises.

Postby ouchisme » Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

:wave:

I get bruises really easily as a general norm, but it has got worse since all my different :crazy: has been going on. I end up with like finger mark bruises and yes mucking bruises too. Mayb its got something to do with the sensitivity of our bodies now :dunno:

Hope to chat again with u soon. Loads of soft hugs from me to u x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Sat May 12, 2012 11:34 pm

I could be wrong but................

I find bruises everywhere, most of the time I can't remember how I got them.

But, I have found that over the past few years I have become very very clumsy, I think it's a Fibro thing (there is probably a medical term for it)

I tend to bang into door frames, knock into things, etc.

I think it's quite possible that we tend to knock ourselves and then forget that we did.

Anyone??????????????

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 pm

yep sure think its a fibro thing I get bruises in the strangest places and carnt remember how they must of got ther keep strong xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby just-me » Mon May 14, 2012 11:40 pm

lolabolla wrote:I could be wrong but................

But, I have found that over the past few years I have become very very clumsy, I think it's a Fibro thing (there is probably a medical term for it)

I think it's quite possible that we tend to knock ourselves and then forget that we did.

Anyone??????????????

Lola xx

^^^^ This is just like me. Only this evening I walked into the corner of the dining table and squashed my finger between my leg and table. :oops: I've lived in this house almost 17 years and apparantly still can't negotiate door ways very well either. :oops:
Rabbit Forum for over 16's.

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/
just-me
UKFM Member

Postby brook63 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 am

I am always bumping into things and get covered in bruises which take ages to disappear. When I was diagnosed in 2004, one of the symptoms my Rheumatologist pointed out was purply/blue spots on my face and body, also a blister rash. Sometimes when I wake in the morning I have a raised blister, mainly on my ankle joints, it is the size of a 5p coin and fluid filled like a burn (yuk :!: ) I bathe them in hot water to drain them. Trouble is each one of the blister marks stays for what seems like ever. So I am covered in small bruises with my FM wobblies, and circular red marks with my blisters :roll:

Don't even get me started on dropping things :!:
brook63
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lesley-Ann » Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm

lolabolla wrote:I could be wrong but................

Anyone??????????????

Lola xx

Snap!!!

Also I notice I don't heal completely, I have a scar left from a deep, long scratch on the back of my left lower leg which I didn't know I had until I accidentally knocked the scab off it and it started bleeding. :nono:

Some of the easily bruising I get comes from my compromised immune system which is caused by my RA, exaggerated greatly by my Fibro I suppose.

I also bang into door handles, bang my arms against car doors, stumble into door frames/walls etc., with alarming regularity. It's improved some since upgrading/downgrading to using two crutches rather than my previous one crutch.

Also bruises last quite a long time and turn quite colourful *well* colours. I got blood drawn last Thursday at the hospital and still have a beauty of a bruise now almost a week later.
Lesley-Ann
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I seem to bruise easily but they go in a matter of days. However, I smacked my leg on a drawer knob at work on Saturday. Its on the side of my lower leg and it is absolutly black surrounded by yellow. Its about the size of a mug and it is killing me! It is lumpy and sticking out. Its got a really hard lump in the middle. It feels bruised really deep.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby Hedds » Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Fell over last night (no not drunk! As not allowed alcohol due to raised liver enzymes) I landed badley on my left hand side and my knee
calf and shoulder all blue!!!! Very sore.
I constantly find new bruises, but like others I am becoming ever more clumsy.
:cry:
Hedds
UKFM Newbie

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm

This is interesting and would like to ask if any of you get a bruise that last an hour or less then disappears.

I turned the tap on the other day and got a sharp pain in my forefinger. It really hurt and when I looked at my finger, at the lower joint it was badly bruised and aching. The pain soon wore off but the black bruise remained for about an hour. This also happens if I'm holding a bag or the brush handle, it can happen anywhere on my hand. The space between my thumb and forefinger is always doing it, I go to pick something up, I get a sharp deep pain then the bruise appears

On top of that, last week I had an itch on my lower leg, I gave it a gentle scratch, the pain was awful and again when I looked I had this black bruising but that lasted a couple of days.???
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Bruises.

Postby toplessbug » Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I do sometimes get the same kind of thing. But I always thought it was a nerve over my knuckles.
You got me thinking now as I had that for yrs. now ummm thinking xxx
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I've tried google but hard to look up due to trying to describe it. Let me know please if you find anything out. It probably is nerve related as the pain is so intense, but then why the bruising straight after?
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby just-me » Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

Melbi_UK wrote:This is interesting and would like to ask if any of you get a bruise that last an hour or less then disappears.

I turned the tap on the other day and got a sharp pain in my forefinger. It really hurt and when I looked at my finger, at the lower joint it was badly bruised and aching. The pain soon wore off but the black bruise remained for about an hour. This also happens if I'm holding a bag or the brush handle, it can happen anywhere on my hand. The space between my thumb and forefinger is always doing it, I go to pick something up, I get a sharp deep pain then the bruise appears

On top of that, last week I had an itch on my lower leg, I gave it a gentle scratch, the pain was awful and again when I looked I had this black bruising but that lasted a couple of days.???

I get this occaisionally. It happens if I knock my fingers somethimes too. It's like I've damaged a vein and it swells and really hurts for a while and then disappears.
Rabbit Forum for over 16's.

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/
just-me
UKFM Member

Postby Salgor » Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Yes. I get bruises very easily. Last week OH was helping me to put my socks on and he held my leg just above my ankle (just normal pressure) and a hour or so later I noticed bruises just like finger marks. I mentioned this to the consultant when I was there about my FM and he said some people bruise easier than others but I have never noticed anything like this before all these other symptoms appeared. I am sure it must be an FM thing.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby Em c » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Hello,

I bruise really easily too. My GP has questioned bruises in strange places before and I can't remember getting them. I'm covered in them. Got a really bad one on my foot at the mo but no idea how... Sounds like it's a fibro thing if you're all the same!

Em x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems