scared of flying

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

scared of flying

Postby lala1626 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 pm

hi guys me and my OH are thinking of going abroad this summer, i have never been abroad and never been on an aeroplane.

i was wondering what it would be like and if any of you guys with fibro have flown and had any problems.

lauren xxxxxxxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Re: scared of flying

Postby animalhouse » Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 pm

have flown regularly over the years except the last couple when i don;t like even going otu the house.

we are going away in july to italy with some charity vouchers got for my son but am dreading it now.

however we did fly since i had fibro and went with ryannair - they were very good with wheelchairs at the airport and lifts to take us to and from aircraft.

however the dla tribunal didn;'t seem to like the idea nad didn;t consider my mobiliyt needs disabled enough as i had been away and the diability advisor had never heard of wheelchair assistance at an airport :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

the warm weather will do you good, you can move about on the pllane and the good thing is toilets etc are never far away and they seeme dto allocate us seats with more legroom even though we did not pay.

the kids were really embarrased with the lift thing as it was like a minibus then had a lift to take you up to aircraft but other than that we arrived in plenty of time that morning and had breakfast and slowly worked our way through the airport.
:-) :-) :-) theres alawys the SOFT drinks on the aircraft to calm your nerves.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 pm

GO! and have a great time :-D
flying is like a bus ride but much better :lol:

don't let fibro stop you just book it and enjoy :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby turnpages » Thu May 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Just to let you know about me:

I was diagnosed with Fibro some 8 or 10 years ago, but I do fly regularly.
This year we've got 6 flights - we're living between two countries.

I find flying less painful and less stressful on body than a journey on train or bus, where I might have to stand up and hold on - which always causes a flare-up.
turnpages
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems