Could this be something else?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi all,

I am feeling really bad today. I have been suffering with the cold type symptoms for about 2 weeks which was the red flag for me to prepare for a flare. Today I ache, EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere, my eyes, joints, head, pretty much my whole body. I feel like I am made of lead. My IBS is on the attack with several bouts of almost accidents over the past 3 days. Also my bladder seems to be 'irritated' as well.

I have been on my usual 30 min dog walk, nice and gentle all on flat, solid (road) ground. But now I feel like I could just pass out. As if I have just run a marathon.

All I want to know is, would anyone else be concerned that this is something else? I am on 20mg Buscopan twice a day, 20mg of Ami which I seem to be very sensitive to (sedative effect). I take the Amis at about 7pm then crash by 10pm. I usually sleep solid until 5am, but its not nice sleep. Its like anaesthetic, as if I haven't even bothered to rest. I work for 5 hours from 8.30am and by the time I am home, walked Alfie and done some chores, I am exhausted. I'm only 23, I should be full of beans. I eat well, I am healthy otherwise, maybe a little overweight (I have put a stone on since diagnosis), but I am slowly losing this with the dog walking and working again.

Would anyone else be thinking it could be something else, or is this just Fibro and I am going to have to accept it? I wish there could be something that would just get rid of this. I am a bit of a mess to be honest. I put a brave face on at work and pretend that I am feeling great, but in reality I am feeling pretty ill. My OH is working away tonight so I am going to have an early night, snuggle with the dog and watch a film in bed.

A sad Jemma. x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Could this be something else?

Postby denys » Thu May 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Jemma before your diagnosis did your doc run all the tests???? If the answer is yes then maybe you jsut have to accept it and deal with the flares, if not then ask for them to check the diagnosis.

Talk to your doc and explain your feelings you can always ask for a second opinion :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Denys,
I had quite a lot of bloods done over the past 3 years (since symptoms started). Thyroid was normal but that was tested about 2 years ago now. Not diabetic either.
Had 3 colonoscopies as I get horrendous pain in my lower abdo most of the time.
Had 2 ECG's, heart rate goes through the roof but is 'normal'.
I don't know, maybe I am just having an off day. Just seem to be really painful today. Over the counter pain killers aren't doing anything. I might ask about tramadol on the really bad days.
Thanks for replying.
x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 pm

tests are more or lees what iv ahad done so i advise you to get it out of your head yhat pt may be someyjing else cause that thought is the one that will male it all worse ... i had a burgalury on fri fealt soooooo ill the nesxt 2 days i wondered if i was dying still feel ill now stress and worry but this time i knew what it was and am recovering faster

horred aint it
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Jemma

Sounds like fibro, you might be in a flare as your pain has got worse, the change in weather doesnt help either it affects our bodies.
My whole body has been in so much pain for the last month all my joints hurt i have increased my Tramadol but it doesnt seem to make any difference for me.

I went to see my Gp last week he has changed my meds around to see if they will help with the pain so its worth going to see your Gp and go through your meds, tell them that your pain is not under control. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri May 18, 2012 10:00 am

does sound as if you are just having a bad day Jemma :hugs: :hugs:

so sorry to hear you were burgaled Tony, no wonder you feel knocked about a bit :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri May 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear you were burgled Tony :hugs: hope they did not get away with much. :yikes:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

Hi tony, so sorry to hear about the burglary :(((
Not been on here for ages ,how's the house going ? You still getting on well with the meds? X
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Well, small update:
Felt off all weekend. Went to work this morning and feel pretty weird. Heart rate was at 100 when I got a nurse (vet nurse) to check my pulse. Now feel very odd, almost in a trance. Managed to get an appointment with the doc at 5.20pm today so I will update you all. Hopefully its nothing but would rather get it checked. Pain is now at my normal level (painful but barable), but I feel almost like I could pass out or be sick or something.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Good luck at the docs Jemma :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

and from me :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Well after nearly 2 hours at the docs, I have news.

I have a heart murmur. Had an ECG which he said looks 'fairly normal' but he isn't happy with it. I am having a full blood screen, again, on Wednesday and then I have to go to the hospital for an echocardiogram (ultrasound heart thingy).

Could I have been misdiagnosed, again!?

Who knows. Maybe I am not a member of the Fibro-gang. Or I could have both (more likely with my luck!!!)

Jem x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Hope you can get to the bottom of things soon Jemma :grouphug: :grouphug: It is possible to have more than one condition/problem, so that could be the case for you. Whatever the answer is, you can always be an honorary fibromite and stick with us if you want to :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby JemmaB88 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 am

Hi all. Had Echo test done yesterday, just need to wait for the results. Told to call the GP on wednesday as should have results by then. Hopefully its just an innocent murmur and no further treatment needed, but I am feeling pretty ill at the moment.
Will let you know when I find out whats going on.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:24 pm

:goodluck1: with the results Jemma :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems