[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - black eye

black eye

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

black eye

Postby cherrybee » Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

as anybody ever 'aquired a black eye with no explanation, mine
just appeared yesterday afternoon, any ideas?? :shock:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Re: black eye

Postby masonsbarms » Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

hi never had a black eye but if i strain my eyes by reading to long or on lap top,

i get very sore behind the eyes and one (the weakest) gose blood shot.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat May 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi
No i have never had black marks but find my skin around my eyes do look a brown sunken colour but any unexplained bruising should be shown to your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi thanks for the replies, i've noticed my other eye is bruising in same place,
my OH is mortified in case someone thinks he gave it to me :shock: just
wondered if this was yet another symptom that sometimes 'appears'....
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby shari » Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Out of interest I googled this. And it seems a lot of people with Fibro have bruising on the eye. Either on the lid, or underneath.
Google it, and have a look. I just put in fibromyalgia and black eyes. Lots came up.
shari
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 pm

wow..thanks for that shari, i will deff do that in a mo..i will have
to wear a badge..my husband is not a wife beater i have FM lol,
i have been getting some strange looks.....tk care
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

hi cherry :wave:

hope your eyes are getting better :yikes:
i do get black round the eye sockets,
looks like i need to sleep for a week :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
i wish :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Sun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi

Try putting wedges of cucumber over closed eyes it really helps!!! I appreciate that the skin is very delicate round the eye area but i seem to constantly have the appearance of black eyes!! Plus i dont have a partner to get the blame lol, there is just me and my dog so it could well be another fibro thing. This damn condition works in mysterious ways. I would take the advice of other members and mention it to your Dr i did and she thought it may be connected to fibro as there was no other explanation.

Milly xx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Mon May 21, 2012 12:40 am

Hi loubie :wave: hope all ok with you, and sorry to hear
you get the same,its good job we're not models..ha! :crazy:
Thanks Milly, will try that, and will deff mention it to gp.
How is the |Lyrica going loubie, are you still taking it, or
have they agreed something else. Have a happy Monday
tk care x
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems