Recurrent infections.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recurrent infections.

Postby shari » Tue May 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Does anyone out there suffer from recurrent bladder, kidney, or bowel infections.
I keep on getting various things. The worst time being admitted to A&E and having
a catheter inserted, on 2 seperate occasions, because of bladder infections. And having
not been able to pee for 14 hrs. I have always been prone to urinary probs. And wonder if its linked
with my Fibro. Has anyone else had these sorts of problems. I even saw a urologist, and he
could find no physical reason for the probs I have been having. Thanks
shari
UKFM Member

Re: Recurrent infections.

Postby disco dancing kar » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Shari sorry you are suffering all the time.I went to the pain clinic last week,was on amitriptyline for about a year, stopped them 7 months ago due to not beening able to the wee,had to push on tum to go.I was told they can cause that to some people,and dr at the pain clinic said that people with fibro suffer with bladder and bowel trouble,i also get constipated and have the runs any week.Hope feel better soon,sorry not much help all the best kar .
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby shari » Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanx for that Kar. It was helpful. I have difficulty peeing all the time. And have a tendancy
to be constipated too. I seem to live on Senna laxatives. i had 2 bowel infections, and
no one knew why. I ended up in hospital. If you want these things looked at in detail, you
really have to push the doctor. Mind you in this hot weather I am drinking loads of water.
And I know usually I dont. I drink way too much coffee.
shari
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

I'd be very surprised if any kind of infection is actually caused by fibro, especially internal organs as fibromyalgia doesn't affect them.

Have you ever been tested for lupus?
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems