Pregnancy

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregnancy

Postby pixieminx » Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 pm

7 months pregnant and I almost feel normal!!!
The first time in 12 years I can almost think straight, in hardly any pain and have some energy. Even foods that normally make me ill seem to be ok. Is this due to pregnancy hormones and if so can they be used as a cure?

I have had some very bad depression during the pregnancy and some days had to stay in bed all day but for the last few days have felt a lot better. I am dreading after the baby is born as I know from past experience the Fibro will come back just as bad as ever. How will I cope with no sleep and a crying baby? If Fibro is caused by female hormone deficiency why can't it be cured?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Take care all
Rach x ;-)
pixieminx
UKFM Member

Re: Pregnancy

Postby Ldyalb » Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I asked my Rheumy number 2 about having babies, and she said a lot of women find their symptoms improve with pregnancy. The same can also apply to other chronic Rheumatic diseases like RA, Lupus etc. But some women find the opposite so it does vary.

I'm hoping if I get to have a baby one day I'll have an improvement when pregnant.

I think you've hit on something though with the hormones, it may not work for everyone, but it does sound like an area of research which could be able to help some female Fibromites. Either that or go the Victorian way and have 16 babies so we're almost constantly pregnant :lol:

I know the Pill imitates certain pregnancy hormones to trick the body in to believing it's pregnant to stop ovulation. So perhaps a version could one day be available which helps women with chronic illness get the good pregnancy hormones? It's also the reason I'm a little anxious of pregnancy - when I first went on the Pill I had a mad craving for Radishes. I hate radishes, don't think I could cope with 9 months of it lol. Mind you, would be better for my waistline than craving chips :lol:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Enjoy how your pregnancy is making you feel at the moment, and try not to worry about how you might be afterwards. I know it's easier said than done, but you've got such a nappy event due in the next few weeks that will need your love and attention that wrestling with worries about what might happen will drain you even more :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Just because FM came back fighting before, it doesn't mean tat it will do exactly the same thing this time. You may find that your symptoms are less intense than they have been previously :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

The effects of hormones is another of the areas that needs researching where FM is concerned, as well as things like triggers/causes etc etc :-? :-? :-? At the moment all we can really do is share our experiences, be them good or not so good, then when research is carried out on these thoughts/ideas, hopefully our experiences and those of other FMers will help provide the basis for avenues to be explored research wise :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

When your little bubba arrives, if you wanted to let us know which flavour you've had, it would be lovely to hear from you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pixieminx » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Thankyou for your replies. Sadly the well feeling didn't last long and now I'm feeling as ill as ever. My doctor won't backdate my sicknote so have lost 6 weeks of ESA money after forgetting to renew note. My memory is dreadful. The doctor wouldn't even listen to me and wrote me a new sick note stating 'pregnancy related illness'! Since when is Fibro pregnancy related or does he think I've been pregnant for 12 years? In debt now and 7 weeks to birth. Fair play, no one wants to help, so sick of this :cry: Will probably lose ESA appeal anyway and have to try and go back to work and end up unable to look after children. At least my partner understands and hopefully we can live together soon and I can get more support. Sorry for ranting, I have no one else who understands.
pixieminx
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 pm

:hugs: Dont give up Pixie, if you do fail just appeal it again and when it comes to needing a new sick note ask your GP to put fibro symptoms on the note this time. :hugs: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixieminx » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Thankyou. I did ask him to put Fibro on the sick note but he completely ignored me and carried on writing. I am going to write to the practice manager and complain about his attitude and rudeness. Trying to be positive. My children keep me going :-) Thankyou for your support :-)
pixieminx
UKFM Member

Postby pixieminx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi all, thank you for the positive words. We had a baby girl, she's nearly 6 months now and doing great. I lost my esa appeal, very stressful and no help from gp with it. Not sure where to go from here as Fibro back as bad as ever but fighting on as usual and loving being a Mum again. I'm trying different supplements so hoping they help and it keeps me positive. Make the best of the good days and here's hoping for a cure soon :-D
pixieminx
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems