Tmj

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tmj

Postby buxbunny » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 am

Has anyone had this becuase i was told by doctor his never heard anyone taking time off work because of it but i was in excruciating pain to point i couldn't even function.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Re: Tmj

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 29, 2012 9:27 am

Hi,

Yes it was one of my first symptoms, am under the dentist & seen the consultant about my TMJ

It was my dentist that diagnosed TMJ

Its a very commen FM associated condition.

I think people underestimate the intense and dibilitating symptoms this can bring and how it effects your daily life.

I wear a mouth guard at night and through the day if necassary. In fact iv been given diazapam for the TMJ as the pain and spasms get really bad and many a time iv had to get an emergancy appointment as my jaw locked or i couldnt close my mouth and the dentist man had to malnipulate it back

The tension headaches and facial pain that come with this effect me daily and cause alot of pain and fatigue and vision problems not to mention hearing difficaulties as well.

Talking hurts lol and my sinuses always feel stuffy and blocked, in fact it feels like im living daily with a sinus infection.

Anti-inflammitries can help or an ice pack around the jaw. I have physio around my neck to help as well.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Tmj

Postby buxbunny » Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 am

Nice to know not just me. The way doctor was mocking me i thought i had some unnatural TMJ
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems