back pain uuugggghhh

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

back pain uuugggghhh

Postby meyer12 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 am

I am so frusterated with my body at the moment i want to scream. I have had the odd twinge in my lower back over the past few months but have avoided any flare ups of my back problems... untill the weekend. Was feeling well enough to visit a farm with my children and a few friends, felt fantastic, took meds with me and was so carefull to keep resting. woke up on sunday morning and couldnt get myself out of bed due to the nerve pain in my lower back, couldnt sit, get up, bend...

It is now tuseday and it is no where near easing off, instead today im finding getting up the staires painful its like the shift in weight is making something press on nerves going into my legs. Also yesterday to make me feel even happier i developed a hand tremour and couldnt even hold a cup to my mouth as i was shaking so much.

None of these symptoms are new, the tremour comes and goes and this time is almost gone again after a day but it is so frusterating.
Ive been onto the docs and we are fiddling with my meds again to see if a change helps but aaaaggggggghhhhhhh!

Is there anything anyone finds helps with lower back pain?

thanks for letting me rant

x
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: back pain uuugggghhh

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm

All I can think of is trying some heat on your lower back, a hotty botty wrapped in a towel or the good old wheaty heat packs. Maybe a TENs machine could help or even some gel rub stuff if someone can rub it in for you.

I know what I'm like when I have back pain, so hopefully a few gentle :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: won't be too uncomfortable for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby WennyP » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello

I get terrible lower back pain constantly - it never goes and some days are just a joke. A few years ago, my friend recommended her osteopath to me - haven't looked back since! She's fantastic! A bit expensive (£35 for half an hour) but I find that if my back gets REALLY bad, I have to go once a week for 2-3 weeks and then if I follow her exercises (which are very gentle, as she knows I have FM and is very knowledgeable of the condition, luckily), I go every 6 weeks, which I cancel if things get better. Also, I was diagnosed a few years back with osteoarthritis of the spine, which, coupled with the FM and ME I have, isn't much fun!! So, if you can afford a session or two with an osteopath, I would say go for it - good luck and I hope it improves :-)
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks for that Wenny, it may be of help to others on here :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Glad you've found something to help make things a touch more manageable for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:21 pm

my lower back is my worst area.

i went to hydro last year and did some back stretches to help loosen back aso not as stiff but pain still there all the time and gets worse if i do something like i vaced the living room on weds after coming back of hols. first time in months but felt buzzing.

now i am still paying for it in back and wrists are gettting shooting pains.

oh yest got lost - anyway this year i do hydro and concentrate on more core exercises such as marching on spot or lifting each leg up 5 time back, side, forwards et. i also do these when i go swimming and again helps.

also being on holds and just got back and bl&&dy horrible. :yikes: :yikes:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:23 pm

ust rememberred also have heated underblanket i lay on in bed.

good for sneaking up in daytime and switching on and having a snooze/lay down.

:-D
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems