Shingles and FM

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shingles and FM

Postby IslandLass » Wed May 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi All
I have been recently diagnosed with FM and am struggling to get my head around it. I am still working which is becoming harder and harder as I work away from home cooking for large groups of people. Anyway, was in the middle of a job last week and came down with shingles on my face. I had to go to A&E because it was close to my eyes and I needed the anti-viral medication. Is this something that is related to FM as they are both concerned with nerve endings etc. Also, although I managed to finish the job I am now thinking whats going to happen next! It seems like every time I try to work lately, something else happens. Anybody else get shingles with their FM?
Many thanks
IslandLass
UKFM Newbie

Re: Shingles and FM

Postby shazq » Wed May 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi
I have never had shingles since having fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Not had shingles either, I'm afraid. It could be due to general rotten timing/luck that it has picked you as its playmate this time :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

With you saying about finding it difficult to get your head around FM, having a look and read around the info and advice on here might be useful, you could find some answers to questions you may have whirling round. It does take time to get your head round having and living with FM, and quite often involves some trial and error in finding the right balance of things for you.

It is possible to carry on working with FM, again it's a bit more trial and error to find the best way for you to work to your best, but it can be done.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby difly » Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 pm

hi re your question I have recuring shingles since fibro diagnosis although dr says no link , when I have a bad flare re fibro I get shingle like pain on both my body and also more recently in my eye lids I still think there is a link ?? I also am still working full time just about
I have days when I could easily pack it up ,but I agree with whats been said we tend to find the best way of dealing with fibro and adapt accordingly , keep strong and take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems