trigger point, appendix,liver enzymes

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

trigger point, appendix,liver enzymes

Postby lsl » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Well Hello All
A quick question, would a bad appendix increase liver enzymes ?, Mine have been high for ages............,had the usual scans, blood test, etc. just trying to narrow it down a little.
below is what happened last weekend, 26th may 2012

Had some trigger point injections on the 26th may 2012, at around 9am ish, was back home by 10.30, felt fine, went to town (manchester), had a very bad pain in the stomach (right side) needed the bathroom urgently, just though it was a reaction from the injection. went home spent the evening as normal, got up on sunday 27th may 2012 at 10.30 woke with a VERY bad pain in the stomach, though it was wind, hobbled over to the pharmacy to ask for something, they could not help as were not sure what it was, so bought some andrews, thought that would shif it, by 1pm i was in the worst pain ever, even worse than my worst fibro pain (thats bad). my girlfriend was concerned enoughth to call nhs direct, well i managed to speak to them for a few mins, but had to pass the phone back as was in VERY bad pain,they advised to mointor it etc,after a few calls back from the nhs direct line, my girlfriend was advised to call 999 for an ambulance, it was down as a medium piroty, then the ambulance staff called, it was raised to high piroty, they turned up, and were excellent, needless to say i ended up in the emergency ward at the mri, it was appendicitis, although ultra sounds could not pick it up, xrays showed something, just shadows etc, had the op on monday afternoon, was home tuesday evening, all stiched up and ready to go (not really, stiched up yes, ready to go to bed lol)
anyway i think the point i am trying to make is never assume fibro is causing the pain as sometimes it may not, i am not sure if the trigger point caused(as it was a steroid injection) i will never know, just lucky it was caught early.....

since the op i have felt a lot better, although still have pain in the stomach (but they have been inside totake out the appendix)

just hope that was someting to do with the high liver enzymes, will know on the next blood test

all the best for now

lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Re: trigger point, appendix,liver enzymes

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Glad you are starting to feel better now, hope you have a speedy recovery :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lsl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Had a blood test on monday, got the results on wednesday, for the 1st time in years everything was normal :clap: :clap: :clap:
or as normal as could be, is this a start of a new beginning i hope
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:19 pm

lsl wrote:Had a blood test on monday, got the results on wednesday, for the 1st time in years everything was normal :clap: :clap: :clap:
or as normal as could be, is this a start of a new beginning i hope

:clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems