Fibro or Iron Deficiency

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro or Iron Deficiency

Postby Azz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Over the past year or so I have noticed that I am thinning on top, which is not a pretty site for a middle aged lady like myself :oops: but recently it has been getting really noticeable that I have found people looking at me bald spot rather than my face during conversation, but I suppose it beats them looking at my chest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway I decided to go to my doctors today as I wanted to ask about changing my Fibromyalgia medication as I felt I was getting worse. When I mentioned my hair loss she realised that when she had done all my blood test last year prior to her diagnosis she had not done the Ferritin Blood test to see if I was suffering with iron deficiency!!!

So I am booked in for Monday afternoon to have those done. I went home and searched Google to find out other symptoms that Iron Deficiency could cause and to my horror :shock: they are similar to Fibromyalgia.

For once I am PRAYING so hard with my fingers and toes crossed that there has been a HUGE mistake and that all my symptoms are in fact down to an iron deficiency rather than the Fibro, while remaining positive I am not going to get my hopes up too much as I don't want to come crashing down with a bump all over again :roll:

I will keep you all posted and up to date to let you know which way this all goes :-)
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro or Iron Deficiency

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:13 pm

:goodluck1: with your blood test
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems