Getting A Diagnosis of FM

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Getting A Diagnosis of FM

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Not too long to wait for the appt, hopefully you'll get some answers then :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

What the naproxen has done to you is what diclofenic did to me. I was swapped onto naproxen instead and I've found it much better.

There's no pattern to anything, just the usual what helps one may not do the same for another :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 am

Diclofenac doesn't suit me either!! BUT like I say I don't seem to suit meds fullstop - even since way back in the day with my CFS.

As you said FluffyPuppy there's no pattern whatsoever. It's not that I'm not prepared to taked meds, it's just I expect to feel better taking them - instead of worse!! :-?
Obsessively opposed to the typical!!
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am

There are a good number of people on here who are very sensitive when it comes to meds, seems to be another complicated spanner to be thrown randomly into the works to see what it does :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The meds hypersensitivity is something that has mostly passed me by, altho I haven't fully escaped as I have a major problem with a specific anti~biotic. The other areas I have sensitive problems with are smell, lights and noise, another considerate gift from FM :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 am

Yes, it's odd isn't it?!! :-?

Antibiotic-wise my main culprits are all penicillin based ABs and...dun dun dunnn...metronidazole - a course of that AB for a dental abscess a few years back made me sooo ill - I was sooo nauseous, sick & sooo dizzy I had to literally go to bed for a day or so until it got out of my system!! NEVER again. :-?
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Erithromycin is my anti~b nemesis, as well as making me :puke: :puke: it gives me the joys of even more dizziness than usual, as well as making me come out in huge red, itchy hives that are near on possible not to scratch :scream-1: :scream-1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Woofwoof » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

Ouch!! :-?

Odd though isn't it - erythromycin is the AB of choice for me to replace the others I can't tolerate - however, it's a "milder" AB so I need a higher dose. But like you say, it just goes to show how different we all are.
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems