something other than fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

something other than fibro

Postby mellabella » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I've got 2 really bad abscess in my gums and am on antibiotics. one of them was easy to get at and drained at the dentist a few days ago but the other one is still there in a more difficult place and my next dental appointment isn't until Friday and in the mean time i have to have antibiotics.

I noticed some pain in both abscess areas and in my bottom jaw, side of head, my neck and one of my ears about 3 weeks ago, i've also had what i now know to be fevers on and off for a couple of weeks too, but i'm so used to having pain come up in odd places and strange cold sweats and shivers and fatigue that i ignored it as being part of fibro...

I was told off by the dentist for not going to them sooner.. I explained about my fibro and how you just learn to live with and ignore pain so you can miss something serious, but i don't think she understood... Then i was told off by the doctor for not going to the dentist sooner and having to now go to her for antibiotics.. You just can't win with this condition can you?, you're either a hypochondriac if you seek help for yet another symptom, or an idiot for not getting treatment when symptoms are presenting themselves.

In the mean time i've got horrible pain and itching sensations in my gums, swollen glands under my jaw coz they are infected, a sore throte, ear ache, and i'm unable to chew anything at all...and today I also got the tell tale sign in my back that i'm going in for another flair up. :(

Bella.
mellabella
UKFM Member

Re: something other than fibro

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 pm

hi bella sorry to hear you are having such a bad time,

hope you feel better soon

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Ouch :flowers: hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graciebaby » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 am

You must be feeling absolutely awful. I hope things improve for you soon.
I completely agree with you regarding getting symptoms checked out...........damned if you do and damned if you don't :-?

Try to look after yourself and let the antibiotics do their job x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, Antibiotics started kicking in last night and took away the worst of it so I haven't felt like smashing my face against a brick wall today. :lol:

Mella
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:56 pm

hi glad your on the better side xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems