Severe Abdominal Pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe Abdominal Pain

Postby kayjay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 am

*waves* I have had fibro for years, most of my life and I'm now 44. Symptoms are worse as I get older and - joy of joy - new ones are appearing. The latest has been the most severe abdominal pain, seemingly triggered by my menstrual cramps and before heading to the drs I'd like to hear if anyone else experiences this. I started my period on Monday, with the normal cramps. Then yesterday the stomach pain started - omg, I've not had pain like this since I had my C-section 12 years ago! The pain stretches from just below my ribs right down to my pelvis bone, radiating out towards my hips and around my back. Yesterday it was coming in spasms every couple of minutes and I was crying in pain. Painkillers did nothing (even co-codamol). Opening my bowels didn't help either. It was serious 'grit your teeth' pain. This morning my whole abdominal area feels like I've been kicked by a thousand donkeys, and bruised. The spasms are lessening but I'm left with this residual pain. My husband is inclined to put it down to fibro, triggered by menstrual cramps and thinks going to the drs will be a waste of time, possible triggering invasive tests all of which I've had before.

I always call Fibro a disease of surprises as you never know what's next. But can this severe abdo pain be Fibro?

Thanks x
Kathryn xx

Had fibromyalgia for 25+ years and I'm still smiling :)
kayjay
UKFM Member

Re: Severe Abdominal Pain

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Kayjay

Doesnt sound like fibro to me especially the waves of pain.

I suffer terrible stomach spasms with the IBS and im sure there are many other conditions/problems that cause extreme pain and spasms in that area.

I would see your GP

:grouphug:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kayjay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 am

I'm thinking it's bad IBS pain as I've just had something to eat and the pain got worse. I'm going to hang on today and see a GP tomorrow if it doesn't stop. I have had this once before and it went in a couple of days.
Kathryn xx

Had fibromyalgia for 25+ years and I'm still smiling :)
kayjay
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 am

I find a hot water bottle against your stomach in a curled up postition helps cope with the spasms.

Hope it eases soon for you
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 am

Hi
It does not sound like fibro.

Sounds more like IBS as it has got worse after you have eaten & you have had it before. Try a hot water bottle on your tum. Your GP will be able to give you some meds for the spasms. Hope the pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems