[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pain/Aches In Teeth And Jaw

Pain/Aches In Teeth And Jaw

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain/Aches In Teeth And Jaw

Postby Woofwoof » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 am

Does anyone else get intense pain/aches in their teeth and jaw?

Today the pain/aches in my teeth and jaw are just unbearable, but have been bad for the last few weeks. :( I have issues with TMJ and have in the past been fitted with splints, both flexible and rigid - the tension in my jaw was so bad I literally broke the rigid splint!! :shock: The flexible splint offered no relief whatsoever. I see a dentist regularly (latest appointment in April) and she says there are no issues with my teeth that would cause the constant pain/aches.

I have had to take Anadin this morning to try and ease the pain, which means I cannot now take the Naproxen I was prescribed on Wednesday. The Anadin has taken the edge off but I'm still in so much discomfort. I just read online about people using TENS for similar issues.

I currently have a diagnosis of CFS but have recently been referred to a rheumatologist as a chiro suspects I have FM too.
Are these symptoms FM related or purely down to TMJ issues?

Has anyone got any suggestions/advice?
Obsessively opposed to the typical!!
Woofwoof
UKFM Member

Re: Pain/Aches In Teeth And Jaw

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:35 pm

HI
I have never had any problems so far with my teeth & jaw but TMJ does seem to be quite common with fibro, we have had a few posts up about it. If you put in TMJ into the search bar you will get all the topics come up.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Pain/Aches In Teeth And Jaw

Postby turnpages » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

Hello there,

I was diagnosed with TMJ in the past before my FMS was formally and officially diagnosed.
However, the TMJ type face and jaw pain differs to the teeth and jaw pain I get as part of fibro.

I'm sorry that you're suffering from that, as I know how awful it is and also as I don't really have a solution or tip to help you.
On the days I get badly aching teeth and jaws, I basically just try to eat soft foods and avoid talking or chewing. Sometimes I'll take painkillers, which take the edge off the pain, but other than I don't know of anything to help me...

I have also seen the dentists on a number of occasions and I had 2 extractions (1 wisdom tooth and 1 molar), as they thought that might help. Unfortunately, those extractions didn't make any difference for the face/teeth/jaw pains at all.
I'd recommend you see your dentist, as there might be something underlying, but be wary of extractions...
turnpages
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems