labrynthitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

labrynthitis

Postby Muso Mel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello,

I woke up last week and when I moved the room was swimming, couldn't lay on my side and moving my head made everything swim. My uusual neck pain was worse than ever so i thought I had done something to my neck as i have some disc problems. Went to my gp she says it's not my neck and it's labrynthitus and gave me some mediation for dizziness. A week latter, the diziness is slight better but hasn't gone and my neck pain is still as bad. Going to go back to my GP this week.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Muso Mel
UKFM Member

Re: labrynthitis

Postby sweetleaf2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

Yes! The doc said it would sort itself out, and it did eventually ease , it was truly awful even turning over in bed, but I still have problems with sudden "turns" where I think its coming back again. I find looking up does it for me, I also think my neck is involved in this as I have "bone spurs" and nerves do get pinched. The other dizziness and balance problems are something else I think. There is a point with Labyrinthitis where the brain sort of hits a "system reset" button and the problem goes away. I hope it happens for you soon.
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby Muso Mel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

Thank you :-D How long did it last with you? I aslo have bone spurs. It's so difficult to seperate the fibro symptoms from other stuff. It is slightly better today but seems to be taking it's time.
Muso Mel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 am

my sister suffers with this and it is horrible, I believe it can last for months so you have my sympathy :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sweetleaf2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:02 am

I had it for about three weeks at its worst, then it eased off and now I can turn over in bed without clutching my head. It can come back, Im told, but I think the thing that happens when looking up isnt anything to do with it.
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems