Pain in hands

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in hands

Postby lorrie123 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi today i have had strange sensation on backs of my hands and feet. When i touch the skin it feels like a bad nettle rash but there is nothing to see that could be doing this, i have also had lower back and shoulder pain. My back feels like an elastic band stretched and about to snap. Back and shoulder pain is normal for me but not the nettle rash feeling. I was wondering if anyone else gets this and is it another symptom of fm. :dogrun1: :dogchasecat1:
lorrie123
UKFM Member

Re: Pain in hands

Postby denys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 am

I get something similar but in my feet as well dont know what it is havent had it checked out which is really stupid as we always advise everyone else to do just that, have you checked the contraindications on your meds??? maybe it could be something to do with them
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lorrie123 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

No i haven't checked my meds.
I've been on ami's and diclofenac and co codamol for 6months so if i was going to get side effects i would have thought they would have appeared before now.
When i went to bed last night i was in a lot of pain :cry: . Woke up this morning to go to work, nettle rash feelings had gone :-) so had my back couldn't move, couldn't go to work. took me 3 hours to get up. :cry:
Hoping i can get to work tomorrow can't afford time off
lorrie123
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm

:goodluck1: for getting into work tomorrow :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: sometimes symptoms can start after you have been on the tablets for a while, so it may be worth checking. Another symptom of FM is chemical sensitivity and this isnt always apparent straight away :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lorrie123 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks for that i will read the info sheets in my meds.... and i'm still hoping i can get into work in the morning.... don't know if i'll last the day though it's a 10 hour shift :cry: :cry:
lorrie123
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Have just been to the clinic for hot wax treatment for the O/A I have in my fingers , this is the second time that I have had the same reaction you are suppose to leave it on for about 15 min , after about 5 I could feel it getting hotter and hotter ask the physo is it meant to be like this ,somewhat frown at me , ask what it felt like , told her sunburn, then I had a hot flush all I wanted to do was but my hands in cold cold water so from this obviously can not have any more ,skin to sensitive to wax treatment when I think back it felt a bit to warm when I put my hands in the tub, but there was 4 people before me that did not have any problems at all .
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems