Sleep study

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep study

Postby Mrs T. » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:22 pm

I saw an ENT guy last week who said I had to come in for a sleep study related to snoring/sleep apnea/poss narcolepsy.

Am going tonight.

Is it wrong I am soooooooo looking forward to it :-D No housework, no dishes, no tea time stroppy teenagers and whatever I want on telly. ( at a cost of £5 :evil: ) Am going to buy myself a packet of choc digestives on the way. I feel like I'm going on holiday for the night.
However, I saw where it is last week and it is a bay with 4 curtained off bed areas in it. Given that most of the people will be there for snoring issues I do wonder at the sense of that. Might need some earplugs too.
Mrs T.
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep study

Postby denys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

No its not wrong to look faorward to some peace and quiet, enjoy the experience but maybe I would take some earplugs too :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 pm

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sarahqueen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 pm

My partner had a full sleep study and looked like he was wired up like a terrorist! He had bots of superglue coming out of his hair for days. Hope yours is not like that and you get some rest!
sarahqueen
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 am

I went for one last year for suspected sleep apnoea. That gunk they put on your scalp to attach the electrodes is positively disgusting! Trying to get if off in the morning made me queasy - even thinking about it now is making me feel the same way!

I didn't think I'd slept very well, I just couldn't get comfortable at all. The bed faced the door and even though the room was in darkness you could see a fine line of bright light all away around the door and it was driving me nuts. Someone in another room kept buzzing for a nurse and once I did drop off I was wakened cos with being so restless I'd managed to pull off some of the electrodes.

The results of the test? Inconclusive!

:roll:
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Mrs T. » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 am

Well, it wasn't too bad. I was wired up like a terrorist but no head ones, just finger, backs of knees, 1 hip and a clip on the top of my jamas.
Didn't sleep great either, ami wasn't workng too well and I had Kenny Everett legs. But hopefully enough to record what they need.
The food and telly in bed guilt free was lovely though and each of the 4 people on the study had thier own 3 bed bay to themselves.
They said it can take up to 6 weeks to hear and the longer it takes to hear back the better it is.
Mrs T.
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems