light sensitivity

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

light sensitivity

Postby Mumihippo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 am

Hi there, just wondered if anyone else suffers from light sensitivity or just generally sore eyes? My eyeballs are so sore some days that even blinking hurts. Even on dull days my eyes can be very sensitive to daylight. Lights inside are fine but daylight even on a cloudy day can hurt. I have seen the opthamologist ar hospital who has written back to my go saying that there is nothing wrong with my eyes. Stating that she could shine a bright torch light into them without any apparent discomfort.
Would really appreciate other experiences so I know I'm.not going mad!!
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Re: light sensitivity

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I am very sensitive to lights.

I have to wear my sunglasses each time i leave the house even if the weather is dull & grey 8-) in fact sometimes i wear them in doors :lol:

I struggle to see the TV and shops lights cause alot of problems plus on this laptop the brightness is the lowest i can set it.

I find any light causes pain in my eyes as a result i cannot open them fully so always squinting which causes alot of migrains/tension headahes.

I see the optition every year and they saw my eyes go into spasm alot. When they put there light on my eyes i can feel a nerve like pain pierce through my eyes.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 pm

FM affects all muscles and our eyes are affected too :roll:
i have lots of problems with my eyes
last night i had my 8-) to be on here :crazy:

so no your not going mad your just as mad as the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol:
if you have a look through the forum there is lots of posts about eye problems :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi
Yes i am light sensitivity as well, i have to wear my sunglasses outside even on dull days, if i have a bad head i even wear them in the house :crazy:
Also have to wear them if traveling in the car of an evening as on coming cars headlights affect my eyes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:27 pm

i struggle with this as now i have the bedroom curtains shut whilst laying on the bed and often close them downstairs in the living room.

my excuse is to make it more home cinemaish.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby crochetkid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:05 pm

I have light sensitivity too. I wear glasses, so I got reaction lenses this time - the ones that go darker automatically when the weather's bright and even the minimal light from a cloudy day makes them go a bit darker so no more hurty eyes, yay! I've read in several places that this is a feature of FM, along with the sensitivity to noise I have too, though I haven't found a solution to that one yet - selective ear plugs would be good!
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby Cariad84 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 pm

I too get this problem but I have never met anyone else with Fibro to ask, I have been putting it all down to the health of my eyes since I have been getting repeat uvitis. Its so interesting, but also really annoying! just all the different ways Fibro can effect us. I would say though its always worth seeing an optician when this is really bad and especially if they become red and watery to rule out uvitis as it can damage your vision. (Please excuse my spelling I am not having the brightest of days! :crazy: )
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems