Bloating

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bloating

Postby kitten » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Does any one have any remedies for a bloated stomach went for a meal last night and boy ,I am really paying the price today ,I feel so uncomfortable full of wind and heartburn really irritable I have just asked my self was it worth it , NO :(
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Bloating

Postby sknowles456 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 pm

I take buscopan, it is the best ibs medicine i have tried! You can get it on prescription or over the counter. x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the info sknowles456
Can you take Buscopan daily and can you take it with Amitriptyline
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Kitten

I would advice you to see your GP to get some medication like omoprozole and to check all is ok as i suffered severe bloating and they discovered an ulcer. It can also be an allergy to food for example wheat intolerance or other things.

If it causing you extreme discomfort seek medical advice first. Also you need to ask your local pharmacist about mixing medications together as were not medicaly trained and to make sure all is ok.

Hope u feel better soon :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kitten » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

HI *Lisa*
Thank you for your advice will call in to the chemist tomorrow , can't seem to get rid of this bloating ,now got a bit of reflux to go with it
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 pm

kitten wrote:HI *Lisa*
Thank you for your advice will call in to the chemist tomorrow , can't seem to get rid of this bloating ,now got a bit of reflux to go with it

Hi
You would be better getting your Gp to check you over if you keep getting bloating & have reflux rather than just getting something over the chemist just to be on the safe side, Like Lisa said she had an ulcer. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Called into the chemist and yes you can take buscopan with ami didn't say how long for , maybe till the bloating has settled down which it has now for the time being thank goddness :-)
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Think a trip to see gp if reoccuring mainly to rule things out, i have IBS and on meds for tum and ibs, the magic little pill for my bloating is from holland and barrett peppermint oil caps (double strength) Best getting them in the half price sale, you cannot take them same time as antacids or indegestion remidies... definatly works my daughter has ibs and helps with bloating, now my diet is sorted ive not had them for nearly a month, i used to take them at dinnertime and help me during the day,hope you get relief... best wishes mand
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:51 pm

What have you done to get your diet sorted to help your ibs mand??? Just curious as mine is being a lot more grumbly at the moment than it has been for a good while :-? :-? :-? I do the generally eating well stuff, which has usually kept things pretty well controlled.

I had peppermint tea and peppermint cordial to help mine while I was pregnant as I couldn't have meds, it really helped and tastes far nicer than a tablet or capsule :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mand » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Hiya....ive cut out bread, most floury wheat stuff,breakfast cereals,red meat, pasta aggrivates as well...... mainly eating fruit, salad, certain veg, white meat, fish and lost weight in the bargain which im happy about, cut sugary stuff ...a few months ago i was craving sugar and bread i felt sooo :puke: ill, decided enough was enough and cut stuff out that made me bloat or hurt tum.....now with food still eat little but often and fruit or breakfast bar inbetween meals, and drink more water and de caff tea..... its a game of hit and miss

i still have cravings but eat tiny ammount of what im craving and if it hurts or a toilet explosion...well im only to blame........feel better for it.....just fibro pain giving me aggro, still feel fatigue but not as bad or im recognising quick and resting myself.....

basicly by elimination cut foods that didnt agree with me, and eat fresh stuff , hope that helps, and also mebeverine and omoperezone meds.......the peppermints caps were good.....when you burped it was like you had just eaten an areo :clap:
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks mand, food for thought if you'll excuse the bad pun :facepalm: :facepalm: I've been thinking about this again today, so it must be a case of great minds thinking alike :clap: :clap: :clap:

What you've done is very similar to what I was doing last year when I was dx'd with diabetes, and it was working well until the start of this year. Several unpleasant happenings have really knocked me off course and I can't find my way back into the swing of it for some reason :-? :-? :-? Back to basics I think, Thanks again mand, it's been really helpful :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: I hope it carries on making a difference for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby isitme » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:13 pm

i cut out bread and eat alot of rice crackers instead for snacks/meals such as breakfast and lunch adn not eating cereal either.

still get some bloating but not as much.

was feeling abit down last week and spent most of time in bed and realised wasn't so bloated - realised my trigger is the endless cups of tea which you then have to have with a small snakc such as a 1/2 bounty - so now i have just cut out tea for last 2 days.

feel alot better to be honest but was a big drinker about 6 cups a day. :(

could try decaf but end up getting stress/expensive with all special stuff such as gluten free pasta, decaf tea etc.

i am not keen on gluten free bread as any i have tried have all been really crumbly. :nono:

:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 pm

hi isitme..... i look for offers on the de caff tea bags, im a tea belly :-D ..be prepared, you might get a headache with stopping drinking tea, im also not keen on gf bread i have tried free from stuff... spagetti and didnt like the taste/texture

fluppypuffy forgot to mention i have gastritis so have low fat diet as well i also have yogurt every day...........
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

My beverage of choice these days is Rooibos/RedBush tea. It's naturally caffeine free, and can be drunk with or without milk and sugar or other sweetenings such as honey. I'm at a point now where I prefer to drink it instead of traditional tea. I look out for it being on offer as well and stock up when I get the chance. I think I've got about 5 boxes in reserve at the moment :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

We're big yoggie consumers mand, incl the doglet as she has a delicate tum and a blob of natural yoggie each day has made a massive difference to her :dogrun1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems