Hip Pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Hip Pain

Postby denys » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:09 pm

nigela if you have lost a lot of weight unexpectedly then you really do need to get checked out by your doc, it could be something and nothing but you still need answers for your weight loss plus your pain
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 pm

if you have problems in yoru abdo/bowels and have lost alot of weight, the hip pain could be referred pain from another region.

i agree wtih denys you really do need to get it checked out, especially with the weight loss you mentioned.

:-) :-) :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby heavenlycara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 am

Ive just had a hip replacement due to the pain and Im hoping to get the other one done too.
Untill recently I was under the impression it was caused by Osteoarthritis but now my surgeon thinks the pain is due to Fibro so wants me to start Fibro treatment to see if that will relieve the pain before putting me through more surgery. Quite curious to see if it works :-? x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 pm

heavenlycara wrote:Ive just had a hip replacement due to the pain and Im hoping to get the other one done too.
Untill recently I was under the impression it was caused by Osteoarthritis but now my surgeon thinks the pain is due to Fibro so wants me to start Fibro treatment to see if that will relieve the pain before putting me through more surgery. Quite curious to see if it works :-? x

It will be interesting to see what medication they put you on. :goodluck1: hope it works & keeps you from having more surgery.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby RugbyLiz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm

I have a bit of trouble with my hips but not so much bad pain more a deep aching and stinging !! At times the thigh bone also aches a lot !
RugbyLiz
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems