SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND PANIC ATTACKS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND PANIC ATTACKS

Postby sknowles456 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Yet again last night i couldn't sleep and was up every 2 hours, i managed to get 4 hours in two spurts but woke at 6.30. The problem is if i don't get enough sleep i then develop panic attacks throughout the next day. The one this morning was particularly horrid, i was in marks and spencers and thought i was going to have a heart attack, luckily my mum was with me and got me to focus on her. It is horrid, horrid horrid. I had to take some diazepam. then my IBS flared up and i just felt completely rotton. Now i am exhausted and am in my pjamas at 2.30pm. So the day is ruined. Does anyone else have panic attacks? Suzy.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND PANIC ATTACKS

Postby denys » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Suzy I think you need to make another appointment with your Doc and get some help with your sleeping problems, glad you had your mum with you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I'd give anything to have a couple of blocks of 2 hours in a night!! My sleep is rubbish as well, I'm trying to track things with a sleep app, and the other night I managed a grand total of about one and a half hours all night :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm with Denys about seeing your GP about the problem, there may be something that can help improve things a little for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh bless you!!! There is nothing worse than having no sleep it makes you feel rubbish. I guess its one of the joys of fibro!!! Not much fun, how i wish that other peoiple could spend just one hour in our shoes just to see how it affects our whole life!!! I am being kind saying just 1 hour as i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy for any longer. I get panic attacks and i know how frightening they can be, i am so pleased your mum was with you. I would take the advice and go back to your GP and see if they can help with your sleep problems.

I take Temazepam to help me sleep and i only take half if i really need it. I am trying alternative therapies to help me with sleep, my sister bought me an mp3 player and has put on some things that connect with the subliminal mind also meditation !!! It really does help not all the time but it really does give me relief. Its really strange because sometimes you can't tell what this voice in the distance is saying but it somehow is communicating with deep parts of the brain. I think i was desperate i was ready for trying anything. At the very begining i fell asleep listening to my mp3 and woke up in a panic, it felt and sounded like i was in the middle of the sea!!! But joking appart they are really helpful especially when i am stressed, you can feel yourself relaxing almost as though your life is in slow motion!!!

Hope you are feeling a little bit better now!!! I am often in my PJ's in the afternoon and i you fall asleep it really doesn't matter!!! I am really trying not to worry about what people think, i do what i feel most comfortable with.

Milly xx :-) :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems