new symptoms problem swallowing

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby difly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi can anyone help , ? more recently i have been experiencing mega problems with swallowing when i am eating , gp says its probly fibro related ? says could be muscles in my throat not working properly , has any body else experienced this problem ? or something similar take care Di x
difly
UKFM Member

Re: new symptoms problem swallowing

Postby tabithakat64 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 pm

I have issues with swallowing and often get food wedged in my throat that makes me sick. It's sore when I swallow too.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi

I do get a lot of sore throats & often feel like my throat is swollen.

Have you had your thyroids checked? If it keeps up go back to see your Gp again and ask them to do some blood tests, its worth keeping an eye on if the symptoms continue as lots of fibro sufferers also have thyroid problems.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Aneary » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:23 pm

This was one of my first symptoms I also suffer with reflux, even when not burning the liquid leaves me with a sore throat and it feels like I can't swallow properly and food gets stuck in your throat :( I'm taking lanzoprazol for this now which has eased it so I would see your gp to get something to take :)
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi thankyou for your replys and advise im due for a review soon with the gp and i will discuss further , its worrying the way this fibro
moves around and never thought it possible for it to affect my swallowing ?? what next i ask ? must say this forum is so helpful and i am reassured i can talk with those that can understand take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 pm

I had this when I used to watch my son play football or rugby be on the side lines and get over excited try to swallow and for a couple of seconds you couldn't , at times it was quite scary , felt like your throat had closed up , don't have it as much now.
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I have problems swollowing.

Not sure if its the fibro were my neck/throat are so tense or whether its the ulcer/reflux problems.

I get the hiccups each time i eat and need to drink water with each meal so it goes down.

I am due a camera down my throat which could see what it is but not sure i am ready for that proceedure just yet!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems