Marfan Syndrome?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Marfan Syndrome?

Postby RoxanneB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello everyone,
Has anybody heard of this?? My husband was diagnosed in april 12 with Fibromyalgia and a curve in the bottom his spine he was getting terrible chest pains so the doctor sent him to see a Cardiologist who then said he had sinus tachycardia (Rapid heartbeat) Anyway 2 weeks my husband was getting really bad heart palpitations and his heart was beating out of his chest and was sent back to see the Cardiologist...He told us his chest pain was due to Fibromyalgia and his sternum was quiet tender and then told us he was really concerned about his heart due to Marfans Syndrome...Just wondering if anybody has heard of this or know anybody who has it?? Or has it and Fibromyalgia, Just so confused, Thanks for reading guys x
RoxanneB
UKFM Member

Re: Marfan Syndrome?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Moved you into here Roxanne as it's a more suitable part of the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I haven't got Marfan Syndrome, but have found this linky http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Marfan-syn ... ction.aspx that may be somewhere for you to start.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby RoxanneB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Ah ok fluppy that's no problem :-D Thanks fluppy we are at the doctors later this evening so maybe get some answers..doctor must be sick of seening him :shock: xxx
RoxanneB
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Sorry i have not heard of it before :dunno: be interesting to hear what your Gp has to say. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Hope your husband gets some answers soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby RoxanneB » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks guys...Never heard of it myself untill the Cardiologist mentioned it..GP said my husband fits the bill for Marfans..they need to genetically test him for it so now, this is all we need on top of the Fibromyalgia :shock: xx
RoxanneB
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems