Restless Arms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Restless Arms

Postby Jadire » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I was diagnosed with Restless Arms not Restless Legs (although I do have the creepy crawling in my legs) about 6 years ago. I was surprised to get this diagnosis because I had heard of RSL but not in the arms.

My symptoms drive me crazy and if I have an 'episode' all I can do is rock back and forth, wave my arms around or stretch my arms and spread my fingers. The only way I can describe is it feels like all the nerve endings in my arms are 'alive' like they've been electrified and I get this overwhelming restless feeling that makes me really irritable but not just in my arms I feel this all over.

When I was in Canada I used a liquid pain killer to rub on my arthritic joints but for the life of me can't remember what it was called so I'll have to find out what it is and see if they have it here in England. I was so annoyed one night that I tried this liquid on my arms and it worked! I do take Mirapex and that seems to help especially now the doctor as upped the dosage. :-D

Does anyone else have Restless Arms?
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Re: Restless Arms

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 pm

hi jayne, i posted a while ago to see if what i was experiencing was rsa, it is just like you have said.

but nobody had seemed to of heared of it.

like you said it is horrid constantly trying to relive it.

now i wont sound silly if i tell gp.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi

I have had restless arms a few times as well, I did not know what to do with them like you I have to shake them, stretch them, wave them but found nothing to help. :( They drive me crazy.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jadire » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Sorry for late reply but having the worst FM flare up ever! I'm in agony...

I'm glad someone else has this too. Now I have someone to talk to when I have an episode. Although I must say since the doc. upped my dosage of Mirapex I haven't had an episode yet, touch wood. :-D
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear you are in a bad flare :hugs:

Glad the Mirapex are working for you, next time i suffer with my arms i will defo ask my doc to prescribe me some. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems