Fibro, Epilepsy and Parasomnia!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro, Epilepsy and Parasomnia!

Postby louver » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi, just wondered if anyone out there has Epilepsy??

Ive suffered with it since I was 11 and was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 6 months ago when it was agreed it wasn't all in my head! I am currently having such a hard time with my epilepsy but even worse with my fibro. I am taking 8 Tramadol a day and am pretty spaced out. To top it off it has also been discovered I have Parasomnia so I don't sleep properly which is horrible for both my other problems.

So, because of my Epilepsy the dr's are really touchy about giving me sleeping pills or anything really.....just in case and i'm at my whits end. I'm so tired and so moody. I'm 28 and a single mum and finding life so difficult to cope with. I get help from my parents but they don't seem to understand fully what this pain is like.

Has anyone found any pain relief or anything that has helped while also suffering from Epilepsy. Thanks
louver
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro, Epilepsy and Parasomnia!

Postby denys » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Louver and :welcome: to the forum I'm sorry I dont have epilepsy so cant really comment on meds to help but didnt want to just read and run. Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can give you some answers :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

hi and welcome
neither do I
sure someone on this site might be able to help
you could try, if you haven't done so already, search in the search box on top right

lu
:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi
Sorry i cant help with your Epilepsy, you should go back to see your Gp & ask for a pain review you might need a change around in your meds. :goodluck1: hope you find something that helps :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 am

hi,

i agree go back to gp.

food for thought, alot of us take gabapentins or pregablin i think the other is for nerve pains - i think this was epilepsy/anti seizure medication originally. was prescribed to me by rheumatolagy.

do some research and go back to gp and discuss some options such as a referral to a rheumy - hope you get sorted soon.

:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems