anyone have sore throat and buttock pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

anyone have sore throat and buttock pain

Postby nigela » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Have alot of bowel type pain and cannot eat wheat and dairy nuts seeds etc-but have bad pain low left side plus now as well as shoulder and top of back and arm now got buttock pain! Alo sore throat feeling on one side when swallow. always have a cough and lots mucous in a morn too-wondered if anyone else had this and if its related to the fibro. My Gp wont commit to the fact that i must

have fibro-as all the symptoms-especially waking up un refreshed from sleep-feel like a zombie most of the time. exhausted following day after being out-need a rest day!
Nigela
nigela
UKFM Member

Re: anyone have sore throat and buttock pain

Postby denys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 am

Sorry Nigella but if your GP wont commit to giving you a diagnosis then it would be hard to say whether your other symptoms are fibro related. FM does not cause mucous but some people do suffer from problems swallowing, IBS is recognised as being a condition that often goes hand in hand with FM and buttock pain is common.

I would go back to your GP and explain you are suffering with these other symptoms and get things checked out
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graciebaby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 am

I can't say for sure if you have Fibro or not, only a doc can do that, but I do get buttock pain. I constantly feel as if I have been kicked by a horse! It's a very common symptom with FM.
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby nigela » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi He is doing some more tets to check for inflamation he said-tho fibro does'nt have a blood test. so guess he is ruling out other stuff first plus he wants me to see a gastoenterologist for maybe a colonoscopy to check out bowel pain as such alot of foods that i cannot now eat.
It does feel like i have ben kicked by a horse. i wake up still tired every morning too.
nigela
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 am

i get the buttock, lower back, hip pain radiating or referred pain.

and really stiff round there if sitting down too long, which i do alot or least lay to releive the back pain. :crazy: :crazy:

at least he is taking your ibs symptoms seriously.

:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Yep I also get the buttocks pain at one stage I had in both of them , but at the moment it is just in the right one also in my right thigh muscle ,and I also get sore throat my voice goes really husky
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi
It could be ibs but only your Gp can confirm this for you.

I often get sore throats which can be linked to fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems