Secondary conditions

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Secondary conditions

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:39 pm

I was diagnosed with fibro in 2006 after many years of unexplained symptoms.

Since then i have found myself being diagnosed with another 13 conditions all secondary to the fibro!!!!!! :pull-hair:

Fibro as we all know cannot be cured/controlled so these other illnesses will thrive and im wondering whats next! :banghead:

Im in a spiral rollacoaster of disabilities all agrivating each other and enhancing symptoms making me very dibilitated.

I just wish the medical world would take fibro seriously and put more money and research into it. They have to recognise that although fibro does not cause injury nor harm to the body many of its associated conditions do!

I bet theres not many people out there with fibro alone :?: :?:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Secondary conditions

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I also have secondary conditions :too-upset:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby crochetkid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I think you're probably right, from my own symptoms and looking at the posts on this forum there can't be many people out there who have just pure fibro! For me, all of the symptoms started around the same time as my latest big flare-up, some of them (like Reynaud's) started up for the first time just 2 months before this current big flare-up.

I've been wondering, all of these symptoms and associated conditions we have must all be related somehow and that this could surely be the key to understanding the cause of FM? I'm a non-registered pharmacist (non-registered because I'm too unwell to register and work at the mo, career's on hold...again) and I'm desperately wanting to do some FM research as a postgrad and I think looking at these associated conditions would be a great place to start.
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

hi are alot of the secondery things also syndromes i have ibs raynards syndrome iratable bladder syndrome,

so could there be a link with the loss of grey mater in the brain that fibro is ment to cause aparently some scan in us has shown this hapens a bit like alzimers .

so surerley if this can be proved through out the world it is damaging us in out brains.

they realy do need to spend more.

i also read that there is a lot of suicides amongst women with fm in the states

so is that not a reason alone.

take care and i hope your list dosnt get any bigger lisa xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:39 pm

me too but not 13 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Lisa thats one heck of a list :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jaycee » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 am

Hi all, it seems most sufferers have secondary conditions, whether all properly diagnosed or not.

The loss of grey cells really worries me and doesn't seem to be taken seriously. I thought at first fibro fog was just crossed wires, and like fibro pain, not a sign that something was damaged just annoying/embarrassing when people think im drunk. To find out there is irreversable damage came as quite a shock and certainly isn't something my GP or consultant have thought to mention.

All of this deserves proper research yet it's another case of us looking ok on the outside, it's not killing us etc. grrr
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby Cariad84 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi I only have a small list of secondary conditions but no doubt they will start mounting up, my GP seems to be loosing interest already so god help me! :lol:
I have IBS, CFS, Megraines (cannot spell today!!), Depression, Degeneration and inflamation in a couple of disks in my lower back, Re-occouring uvitis etc. I do have to say as life altering as Fibro is and for how terrible it is the working part of my brain still finds it very interesting and wants to learn all I can! :roll: As if I don't have enough to think about!
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems