MRI and so fedup more tests

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby difly » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi dont know were to start its a first for me but not feelin to good at the mo , been for an MRI with contrast dye today
didnt know what to expect but now sorry I went ,left me anxious waiting for results ,can anyone else comment on MRI experience ?
xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Re: MRI and so fedup more tests

Postby denys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 pm

I've always found them a little claustrophobic and felt a little drained afterwards from trying to keep so still :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but the feeling soon goes, shouldnt take to long for the results to be sent to your doc/consultant so :fingerscrossed: you arent kept waiting to long before you get some answers
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:15 pm

thank you denys for your response sounds like you have had more than one ? the truth is im scared of the results outcome ,morerecently
been thinking in overdrive about the what ifs guess im just avin one of those moments xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 pm

My experience was horrific but i am very claustrphobic! i managed it tho after many attempts as i knew i had to have this done.

I was having anxiety attacks before/during and afterwards i was so drained and in agony with layin still and exhausted from the stress i was quiet ill for days after. The stress of waiting for the results was just as bad as they left me 2wks (standered) although the GP recieved the report a few days later! :crazy:

I had a lumbar spine MRI so went in feet first and stretched my neck so far back to see a glimpse of the light in the room to try and calm me i suffered intensly with chronic neck spams a long time after!

Felt like being buried alive! never again! BUT saying that it needs to be done so the determination of needing to know whats wrong made me pull thro it all......... eventually :oops: :oops:

My results came back with 4 problems so im glad i managed.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi
The hardest part i find it staying still, i struggle to have my arms above my head so that was very uncomfortable for me but the machine does not bother me.

:goodluck1: for your results.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:53 pm

lisa and shaz thankyou for helpng me put things in perspective
I think Lisa is so right about the levels of anxiety both before the scan and certainly afterwards and yes im now in mega pain and feeing so unwell ,carnt help but feel so down at the mo , sorry to go on but avt felt like this for ages , still goin into work , tryin to keep things "normal" and hoping to take my mind off things .lisa you sound like you have had your share and your determination got you through ,hope things have improved for you , once again thankyou it helps to know someone understands ,take care xxx Difly
difly
UKFM Member

Postby toplessbug » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 am

When I had my MRI I had a major panic attack and burst in to tears. Had to stop and calm down. But as said we have to have them so I gritted my teeth, sobbed without moving and shut my eyes.
But ended up with a migraine for 2 days after.
But I'm having to chase my results, as my next neurology app isn't till dec :(

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

I have had two MRI scans this year and I was quite anxious throughout both.

The nurses were great though and allowed my son to come in with me. He was allowed to hold my hand for the first one which calmed me down. For the second one they positioned a mirror so that I could see out of the back of the scanner where my son was stood, again this calmed me down too.

The worse part for me was the noise, oh and trying to lay flat when my back was killing me didn't help either.

I hope you get the results soon and hope everything goes well for you.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 am

I've had several MRIs over the years difly and have found them to be stressful apart from the first one, but that was probably more to do with me being full of pethadine as it was after I'd been involved in a car accident and dislodged and fractures a cervical vertebrae :shock: :shock: :shock:

The last one was like you've had, with the contrast stuff being passed thru to see if there was a problem with my ears. As it was yet another one where I had to go in head first, I was really agitated, couldn't press the panic button, and ended up passing out :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: At least with that happening it meant I was keeping still for them :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
difly wrote:Hi dont know were to start its a first for me but not feelin to good at the mo , been for an MRI with contrast dye today
didnt know what to expect but now sorry I went ,left me anxious waiting for results ,can anyone else comment on MRI experience ?
xxx

Altho it was an ordeal to go thru, the good thing is that you managed to get it done, so that bit can be put to the bottom of the pile now :flowers: :flowers: As for the waiting game, even the shortest length of time when waiting for anything seems like an age, and the longer it takes, the more like waiting for infinity it seems :facepalm: :facepalm: Finding different ways to distract yourself or something else to focus on, esp if it's something special :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I hope the results that do come thru are helpful with what is being investigated and mean you'll be getting the bestest possible outcome there is :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby difly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 pm

just need to say a big thankyou for the feedback your thoughts are appreciated and have helped me to get to get to grips with what has
been goin on , I sense a lot of understandin and sharin your experiences has been so helpful ,i am so glad to have found this forum and
its great to have a lot of understanding love and take care xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 am

difly wrote: lisa you sound like you have had your share and your determination got you through ,hope things have improved for you , once again thankyou it helps to know someone understands ,take care xxx Difly

My results were not good but i am glad i went thro with it because they found many problems which seem all secondary to the fibro. They diagnosed bulging discs, incurving spine, degenerative disc disease and on top siatica! :shock: without the MRI i would have been blind to what was going on which could have resulted in many problems.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: MRI and results finaly

Postby difly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 am

Hi folks
I have fianly finaly had my mri results back its only taken 6 weeks ,anyway doc says my brain is "normal" but found my left and right
i neuralgia nerves to be touchin not sure what that means ? neither did doc? says he wants to see me again in six months ,anyway the brain is normal but what explains the behaviour ?? :crazy: take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am

Do you get facial pain? eye pain/jaw/teeth pain?

Have a research into trigeminal neuralgia as it sounds possibly like this although im no GP just my thoughts on your post.
*Lisa*

Postby difly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi lisa yes i get a lot of facialpain esp in my jaw and eye my gp thought about the TN looks like the jury is still out ,hope you are ok
take care xxx :?:
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems