sensitive skin

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sensitive skin

Postby kathmoore1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 am

I have suffered with fibromyalgia for a while now and keep finding different and new symptoms.
I have recently found that when i have my eyebrows waxed that the skin on my upper eyes becomes burnt. I have talked to my beauty therapist about it and the wax hasn't been too hot so I thought it may be another symtom.
Has anyone else had this problem?
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Re: sensitive skin

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

hi kat, we do have problems with skin fro itching, rashes ect,

but we can become sensative to things we have used for a long time and suddenly it iritates.

i have had to stop using the face wipes i did as they started it give me a rash.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby marianne p » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

hi eveyone,i having being having probelms with dry skin,i get red patches on my face ,here and there and red patches along my hair line,i think it is sometimes stressed related.marianne p. :hit1: :?:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 pm

My face has got so sensitive that my hair feels like tiny little whips as it brushes my face, Oil of olay feels like battery acid, I also cant use my "sensitive" facial wipes, have had to throw away all my lovely bath treats, the list goes on. Maybe the meds are making things worse........ maybe its the fibro? My skin itches all the time!
I take Pregabalin and Tramadol, Cocodamol in extremis, but not often. I also take a powerful antihistamine every day called fexofenadine and Lanzoprazole for acid reflux.
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby RugbyLiz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm

hi, I have the same problem with sensitive skin, it's really weird how it suddenly flares up. Also I have huge patches of skin that just burns and burns for days on end then disappears as quick as it come. I also experience skin that is so sore that clothes touching it awfully uncomfortable, do you have this to? It's pretty naff when it happens but thankfully it comes months apart phew!! :-D
RugbyLiz
UKFM Newbie

Postby C4thy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm

I've been increasingly getting sensitive skin over the last year. I've had psoriasis for 12 years but that's been controlled for about 3 years now and this is very different. I get what feels like sun burn in large seemingly random patches. There are no marks at all but I can't bare clothes or bedsheets touching it. It's worst around my bra straps where it rubs. Despite being on fexofenidine (strong antihistamine) it doesn't go away completely. I've been told that it is fibro but as it's early days for me I have no idea if it will go as I get to grips with this new lifestyle. You are not alone sadly.
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Just found this thread. My skin's been sore for a while now, feels like bad sunburn all over. Clothes feel like they're lined with sandpaper, but recently more like they've all got bits of straw sticking through. That's over my whole body. Any suggestions for easing the skin soreness gratefully received...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby PolkaBunny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:28 am

I have this too, its hyper sensitive - I get my eyebrows threaded and the pain is horrific - Im not sure why I put myself through it! Well I do know, because my hands spasm and I cant tweeze!

I also struggle with drying my hair, my friend is a hairdresser and she does my hair and literally it burns my scalp even on the lowest setting.
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems