Raynauld's syndrome primary

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Bebbe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi everyone,
Raynauld's syndrome primary another health issue to add to my list, just wondering if anyone else suffers from this its a nightmare for me I wear socks all year round, never go out without my coat, a slight drop in temperature and the hot water bottle comes out I have a feather topper on my bed an extra blanket, duvet and also the hot water bottle I eventually warm up after an hour or so.
My fingers turn white my nails go a purple to blue my feet are always freezing my nose goes cold I can't tie my hair up I get to cold I even wear gloves in bed in the winter :(
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Re: Raynauld's syndrome primary

Postby denys » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

sorry no I dont sounds awful
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 pm

hi bebbe i have this and so dose my nice who was diagnosed when she was 5yrs old quite rare in a child so young.

you can get battery operated heated socks gloves and a vest from maplins very useful when weather is realy cold and you have to go out.

the other winter i broke down at 4am when it was -13 degrees, i realy though i was going to die in the 5 min it took hubby to come and get me.

you need to warm up slowly if you do get very cold and not put hand or feet in hot water to warm them up quickly.

have they given you any meds to help.

hope you have a mild winter

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby ksh44 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi I started with this before I was diagnosed with the fibromyalgia. Was wondering if they were linked. I agree it's awful and just so painful. Luckily I only get it in my hands.
ksh44
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi
I have cold hands/feet and nose. my toe nails at the bottom go blue.

We do have this subject come up a lot there does seem to be a link with fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Iv had this since a child...

I remember being teased for my blue legs something like corned beef legs :roll: my legs also had some orange marks on them also to add to the shades of blue :crazy:

Always freezing cold and coming in from the cold my hands and face burn up go red and swell if i manage to warm up that is as i normaly always have to sit in a boiling bath to get tempreture back.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby TATT » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Does this come on gradually?

In the colder weather like 14 15 I am freezing especially hands feet nose lips, I am in a onesie now and it's 22 degrees! I have noticed just recently my fingers and feet turning dark purple colour. Was wondering if this Raynuads is on the way?

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby crochetkid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

Yes I think there must be a link because I started having Reynaud's for the first time in oct/nov last year and then my current FM flare-up started in January/February, so I defintely list Reynaud's as one of my FM symptoms. All of the weird symptoms asscoiated with FM seemed to all start within 2 or 3 months of each other, bizarre.

Also I always felt like my FM pain is like the blood circulation is being cut off to my muscles, so perhaps it's like Reynaud's of the muscles or something???
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:36 pm

I was always cold as a child in my secondary school we were not allowed to wear trousers only skirts :( my legs would be mottled blue and purple in the winter, then I discovered ski pants with the elastic that hooked onto my feet I would wear these with thick over the knee socks and long skirts so the teachers couldn't see I had pants on :-D . I also noticed when I was about 15 that my skin on my upper body was very sensitive if I had a itch and scratched to hard it would hurt for a long time maybe this was the start to my fibro. :-|
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:10 am

I have Raynaulds syndrome, I'm lucky that mine isn't too bad, I overheat very quickly and also take ages to warm up when I get cold. I sometimes get burning pain in my hands/feet when they are blue and cold.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby sylvie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi all
i first had raynauld ,s in my 20 es it went away came back when i was about 43yr
now 57yrs i get so cold i get chill blanes on fingers n toes take a blood pressure
tablet 3 times a day for ciculation.
syl
sylvie
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Sylvie, I was also prescribed high blood pressure tablets I took one but it give me a constant headache all day which turned into a migraine so I haven't taken any more.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I have been to the Hospital today for my Raynauld's they took pictures of my hands under a thermal imaging camera then I put my hands in cold water for about a minute then back under the camera to see how they warm up, my fingers stayed blue which meant they did not warm up for the 10 minutes they were under the camera, then I had to put my fingers under a microscope so the doctor could look at my capillaries at the base of my nails.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby sylvie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Bebbe
I went to hospital on 28th sept for same tests as you thermal imaging etc my fingers and toes didnt
heat up have to have the test again in six months doc said ill prob have to see rumie again because
of results
sylvie
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 am

I had this about 2 years ago the end of my fingers on my left hand would go white then slowly turn a pale purple then blue and then go back to normal and it's painful if I went in the freezer I had to put gloves on , touch wood not had it for a bit :fingerscrossed:
kitten
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems