speech problem really bad

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: speech problem really bad

Postby Aliscat64 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:58 pm

As a newbie Im finding things on this site which makes me think I am normal............

I was diagnosed this may but didnt quite mention everything to the rheumatologist [ fibro fog I now know!]..............

last year I did an NVQ, had an ofsted inspection [ Im a childminder] and had a lot of jaw and teeth problems [ now know all fibro related!] and all the appts fell in one week! ......the nvq assessor came to my house and I could hardly speak I was so scared and stressed. Like a mega lump in my throat that i just couldnt talk round but my throat wasnt sore. I was so scared and the assessor was worried for me. Even now sometimes I ring people up and wonder if Im going to be able to speak when they answer, especially to strangers i dont know.

thanks for bringing it up Im not mad [ or no more than usual lol] just bl***y fibro. =[ :(
Aliscat64
UKFM Member

Postby C.F Desiderata » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm

I get this tons aswell!

I'm constantly forgetting words & getting words confused which is extremely embarrassing for someone who prides themself on being... (Forgot the stupid word! :evil: ) my family jus calls me barbie now which is extremely irritating esp as I'm a brunette. Heyho
The Life Not Lived Is The One Recommended.

When Life Gives You Lemons Put Some Vodka In Your Lemonade.
C.F Desiderata
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:21 pm

This is something that pops up regularly, and is really frustrating, even upsetting at times, esp as it quite often occurs at those times when you least want it to. I've got to point now where I've started to insert the most random word I can think of each time it happens to me. At the moment words like essential and element are causing me the most problem, so now anything involving them is automatically replaced with :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: Makes me sound even more like a gibbering loon, but at least OH knows what I'm on about. I've also started using some of the names I gave things as a child as they are easier for me to remember for some bizarre reason :-? :-? :-? :-? Again OH knows what I'm going on about, but it's not really doing much to convince others that I'm not :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fluffyjoy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi folks....
Well, not only to I struggle for words, but my mouth "doesn't fit me" any more. I splutter and people have said my voice has changed. It's sometimes so hard to speak that it comes out as a shout (or nothing at all) and I just feel like slapping my own face to get it all working again. Very difficult when you are chairing a meeting or trying to give feedback to employees. Feeling so frustrated. I saw a letter from the physio today which said recovery is not expected. Fed up xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
fluffyjoy
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:48 am

At the moment can't seem to string two words together or spell as I am in the middle of selling my house and moving to New quay West Wales think some of this is down to being in constant stress .we have just signed our contract now we are waiting for the other side to sign BUT I have this doubt that they are going to pull out

They are a young couple he still lives with his parents and she lives with hers when they came to view our house , we told them that we was moving to a residential park home site ( Schooner Park) and that we did not need all the furniture , there response was brilliant as we don't having anything at all ,what we can't understand is that since we sold it to them in August is that we have not heard if they wont to buy white goods which are all nearly new spoke to the Estate Agen3 to ask them to see if they wont anything
so far nothing

If this was my and my OH we would be asking to come round and have another look and maybe ask if we could measure things like curtains and such, like being in limbo and getting really uptight at the situation with them
kitten
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems