Pain!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain!!

Postby Gig » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 am

Hi everyone, I've only posted on here a few times as I have had no diagnosis.
I read everyone's comments and I understand pain you all go through,
My doctor has mentioned fibro so I'm still unsure.
I've woke up this morning with severe pain in both legs ( worse than its ever been ) pain in my back and generally feeling horrible.
I'm sitting waiting on the meds taking effect.
I have loads of diff symptoms ranging from pain, panic attacks, trouble swallowing and more. I've been referred to rheumatologist and neurologist.
Just wanted to rant about pain this morning lol x
Gig
UKFM Member

Re: Pain!!

Postby cherrybee » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Gig, sorry to hear you are in so much pain, know what that
can be like, hopefully you wont have to wait too long for your referral,
I know after years of symptoms, it was good to have a name and cause,
and to work towards acceptance, good luck tc.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby surreallady » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi starting to view this site more since being diagnosed with DDD and Fibromyalgia. Some days are so hard and some seem normal. Im struggling since I lost my Job, Im struggling to get benefits and Im struggling to get out of bed most days. Im waiting to attend Walton pain clinic for a course to help me manage better but after 3 and a 1/2 years I know my limits. I cant enjoy a stroll around the shops or days out. I cant drink with the medication, which doesnt bother me really but Im stuck in far too much. I need more help and I dont really know where to find it. My family dont understand really because they see you have good days and when I try to explain to the doctor I feel as if Im exaggerating my pain and they dont seem to care. im really fed up now. Sue x
surreallady
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,

Strange how your being refered to both. Normaly its one and if nothing the other but its good as you'll have a thorough check over :-D

surreallady wrote:Hi starting to view this site more since being diagnosed with DDD and Fibromyalgia. Some days are so hard and some seem normal. Im struggling since I lost my Job, Im struggling to get benefits and Im struggling to get out of bed most days. Im waiting to attend Walton pain clinic for a course to help me manage better but after 3 and a 1/2 years I know my limits. I cant enjoy a stroll around the shops or days out. I cant drink with the medication, which doesnt bother me really but Im stuck in far too much. I need more help and I dont really know where to find it. My family dont understand really because they see you have good days and when I try to explain to the doctor I feel as if Im exaggerating my pain and they dont seem to care. im really fed up now. Sue x

Hi sue and welcome,

I also have FM & DDD and im sure because we are sensitive to pain we can feel the DDD more then others or if they agrivate one another :dunno: Something i'll be chatting to my GP about.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:29 pm

I saw a neurologist first cos I had a really bad tremor ended up seeing 4 of them in the end, discs problems in the cervical area. Then a rheumatologist for the FM diagnosis so :fingerscrossed: you get some answers from one of the other :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi sue, hope you dont have to wait too long for your
app at pain clinic, hopefully you will get some help
soon :hugs: tc
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby surreallady » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:15 am

Thank you cherryb, Hope so, Ive had three mri scans showing large disc extrusion at l4 5 s1 and I have same problem with my neck. I had a few epidural injections but they had no effect. I have attended physio on 4 separate occasions and now im just relying on the pain killers. I got told also that I am in a early menopause probably due to having a hysterectomy in my 30's. Oh and I had fungal nail infection and lost two nails. My teeth are loose and I will be getting 4 out soon at top in front, aargh. Then there is the rash I keep getting on my hand and legs which to me seems like psorious but they keep saying eczema. So has you can imagine, its been a tough few years and to hear its unlikey it will get better, well that just does my head in even more. I hope I get my esa and dla appeals, it will be the third time I have had to do this. Its like no one believes us.
Sue
surreallady
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems