migraines

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

migraines

Postby cherrybee » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi, does anybody suffer regularly from migraine, I've had 3
this week, always starts with the vision not quite right, then the zig zag
lines, lasts about 20 mins or so, then the pain usually behind one eye, and
side of the face, its horrible while it lasts, and dont know why i've had
so many this week, although i guess stress is a factor.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Re: migraines

Postby denys » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes regularly :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

migraines

Postby Mrswalker74 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Same here! :(
Mrswalker74
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 pm

hi cherry bee, when i do get one thank goodness not to often i alway vomit, and then they seem to clear to a muzzey head,
have you got the pills for them of your dr,

i dont know what they are called but my sister takes them.

i hope you aren bothered with them for a while and you feel a bit better soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Cherrybee

Have you changed any of your meds recently? it could be a side affect from one of your meds causing them?

I have suffered with migraines for yrs and mine would last for weeks at a time, i am sick with mine as well. I had to go through lots of different meds to try to stop them, you can get preventions meds to take everyday so its worth going to see your gp about them.

I had to go see a neuro because nothing would work on me but luckily i have now found a med that is helping :clap: :clap: i still get the odd migraine but i can live with that.

:goodluck1: hope you can find a med to help. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi, i stopped taking meds apart from codeine phos because of this,
so I cant understand why i've had so many this week, been asleep
most of the day, just a dull ache now, cant get an appointment with
my own gp till 17th sept, but if things dont get better will ask to
see someone else, used to take migraleve years ago. Glad you
managed to find a med to help you shaz, thanks for replies :fingerscrossed: , heres
hoping for a better day tomorrow for all of us tc.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm another one at the mercy of the migraine problem as well. I've had since being 11yrs old, and over time they have worsened, esp since FM joined in with the fun.

I was having daily ones, and if I was really, really lucky I'd have one migraine~free day a week, altho the constant headache I've had since what feels like forever, was still constant :-? :-? I went to see my GP about them, and I was initially started off on betablockers, which on their own did little to help things. After some reviewing and tweaking I'm now at a point where I'm now getting several migraine~free, altho not headache~free, days between each one which is a superb improvement on how I was.

The additions that have helped me are propranolol (betablocker) and nefopam, a pain killer I was prescribed for FM that has had the surprise effect on my head. For the times when I get a full~blown nuclear head I have imigran, something I had a number of years ago and was the only thing at the time that could dent what was happening in my head. A type of imigran can now be bought OTC at places like Boots, here's a linky about it http://www.boots.com/en/Imigran-Recover ... ets_29221/

I hope they start to settle back down for you cherry, as I know all too well how they leave you feeling :grouphug: :grouphug: If they carry on tho, see your GP about them as there are things you can be prescribed to help with them.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherrybee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi flup, thanks for your reply and advice...link..will deff get these,
(take proprananol for irregular heartbeat) also made a note of
'nefopam' to ask GP as codeine is not now as effective and dont want to
up the dose. Hoping for a migraine free life for us all as we have enough
to cope with, tc and have a good weekend.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks Flupp as usual this forum has the answers!! Even knowing just one other persons migraines have changed with FM helps .

Just up from a sleep following an unscheduled trip to the local A&E. A nuclear type pain woke me earlier today , knew as soon as I was half awake that it was a migraine, tried my usual meds but it had got away from me in my sleep. Phoned the out of hours Dr and as I was experience some unusal symptoms for me they suggested A&E.

Arrived A&E and it was spookily quiet so almost straight in then ......Loads of tests , a few magic shots and some fluids and I was allowed home.

I did ask the A&E Doc if FM can make Migraines change or worse as I had thought I was getting different type symptoms. Since first getting them in my teens they have always been the same...no aura , awful sickness, bad headache and just wanting to bury myself in a cave. Then once sick, feel loads better and just sleep it off with of course a handy cocktail of meds that I have found usually work.

This is now the 2nd or 3rd one where I have "stroke like symptoms" of my face and arm . very scary but they seem to now be the norm. I will just have to see the GP again about a change in my meds. The A&E doc suggested a full strength "Imigraine " and some "buccastem". the problem with that is that you have to be in a migraine to take it.

Oh the joys if one thing doesn't get you another will !!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems